The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Can everyone thinking back to the good old days of Doug think about the squad revolt, him refusing to pay to water the pitch, the players having to pay for their own masseur. 

I seem to remember claims that if the players swapped their shirts, or threw them in to the stands, they had to pay for them to be replaced as well.

And that's just his legendary penny pinching, remember his treatment of Saunders, destroying the '82 squad, the Trinity Road vandalism, and the naming of the Witton Lane stand, that he obviously knew nothing about.

**** Doug Ellis. 

• Like 1

Totally agree Rich and it is the slow, painful death, which makes it so hard to bear. If Lerner is the body of Aston Villa, the fans are the lifeblood and his bad diet of scraps and fast food has turned us into an ever weakening anorexic. The occasional shot in the arm, we get roughly once a year, when we feast on the hope a new manager brings, quickly fades when all that nourishment is spent and we return to being a bag of bones. This can only go on so long... 

Come on Randy. Sell us harder. We've started on the single bed sheets, force someone to pay you money or its the egyptian cotton kingsize fitted ones next.

Jokers.

Why? They're not happy and they're showing it. They spent their money and gave up their time to go and watch us lose again, no problem with them expressing themselves. 

Hopefully this sort of thing continues.

In terms of Doug I wasn't around when he was at his worst. I was there for the premier league years. And while there's no doubt he was an egotistical word removed who was holding the club back, the team didn't suffer like it has under Lerner. There were bad seasons but these were usually rectified with an improvement the following year, unlike the consistent 6 years of shit Lerner has delivered. And that's because while being an egotistical, tight word removed that held us back he generally made decent decisions when it came to football, and as I'm a football fan, that meant it wasn't really a bad experience supporting the club with that old word removed running things. Of course we wanted better and deserved better. But I'd take the way we were run under Doug than the obvious route we've been going down under the current owner. 

CSb2mykW0AAON_b.jpg

BBacked by loads of lerner out singing, could start getting nasty.  But Randy is probably sat at home thinking "daft clearings in the woods, I've put the club up for sale what more can I do?"

Get these banners out for spurs and city game. Lerner is an embarassment of an owner

• Like 2

Come on Randy. Sell us harder. We've started on the single bed sheets, force someone to pay you money or its the egyptian cotton kingsize fitted ones next.

Jokers.

Why? They're not happy and they're showing it. They spent their money and gave up their time to go and watch us lose again, no problem with them expressing themselves. 

I'm all for protest when there are set, achievable aims. A couple of divs raiding their mums linen closet won't achieve anything. 

Best case scenario is deeps the media narrative of "crisis Aston Villa" and reduces the chances that we can recruit a decent manager - who wants to come to a club where the "fans" are pointlessly protesting against an owner who is more likely to join in with them than disagree. 

Lerner wants out. This is well known to everyone. The banners achieve nothing beyond stating the bloody obvious. 

Want Lerner out? Don't go. Don't spend the money on the club - turn the financial screw and force Lerner into a situation where he has to cut his losses. 

• Like 2

Jokers.

I'm all for protest when there are set, achievable aims. A couple of divs raiding their mums linen closet won't achieve anything. 

Best case scenario is deeps the media narrative of "crisis Aston Villa" and reduces the chances that we can recruit a decent manager - who wants to come to a club where the "fans" are pointlessly protesting against an owner who is more likely to join in with them than disagree. 

Lerner wants out. This is well known to everyone. The banners achieve nothing beyond stating the bloody obvious. 

Want Lerner out? Don't go. Don't spend the money on the club - turn the financial screw and force Lerner into a situation where he has to cut his losses. 

I can't imagine it will effect our chances of hiring Remi Garde, which seems a done deal at this point. 

Why is it well known? Because he said so? He also said a new chairman would be appointed in the summer. None of us know if the club is currently actively looking for a buyer or actively trying to sell the club. Putting more pressure on Lerner, who has had nothing so far, may make this happen. 

I've thought long and hard about not renewing and not turning up, although he's already got my money for this season so it wouldn't make any difference. It's a tough choice and one I'll give serious thought to again this summer.

Fox is running the club, if you want someone out then it has to be him.  Lerner has lost too much money with and outside the club to donate £30m a year like he used to, so it's down to Fox to run the club in a sustainable way.  Randy wants to sell, but can't, that's just the way it is.

• Like 1

Anything scrawled on a bedsheet is embarrassing.

They're grown men :crylaugh:

Cheap, easy to do and got the message on SSN. Seems a sensible and effective way to show your message to me

If you say so :D

• Like 3

Fox is running the club, if you want someone out then it has to be him.  Lerner has lost too much money with and outside the club to donate £30m a year like he used to, so it's down to Fox to run the club in a sustainable way.  Randy wants to sell, but can't, that's just the way it is.

Fox is running the club to the ambition of his boss. Which seems to be don't get relegated and don't ask me for money. And we have no idea how active he is in terms of trying to sell. Just because he said he wants to sell doesn't mean he's doing everything in his power to make that happen.

Anything scrawled on a bedsheet is embarrassing.

They're grown men :crylaugh:

Cheap, easy to do and got the message on SSN. Seems a sensible and effective way to show your message to me

If you say so :D

What should they have done? Can't think of many easier and cheaper ways to get your message broadcast on the biggest sports channel in the country.

"Daddy, what are you doing down here so late?"

"Not now, son. I'm writing a message"

"Daddy, is that my bed sheet?"

"WELL HOW ELSE IS RANDY LERNER GOING TO SEE THIS MESSAGE?! Now pass me your mom's eyeliner, I need to cross the t."

:crylaugh: 

"Daddy, what are you doing down here so late?"

"Not now, son. I'm writing a message"

"Daddy, is that my bed sheet?"

"WELL HOW ELSE IS RANDY LERNER GOING TO SEE THIS MESSAGE?! Now pass me your mom's eyeliner, I need to cross the t."

nice. 

Â