The Randy Lerner thread

CI

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Given the reactions here, I'm not sure a statement is a good idea.

Still, for this thread at least, hearing "the b****rd will just cobble together a lot of words that mean nothing, I hate him" is a nice change from "the b****rd never speaks to us, I hate him."

Hates a strong, I'm too apathetic towards him to feel such a strong emotion.

For instance it's not like I actually want him dead, I just couldn't care less if he dropped dead.

If I ever meet this crunth instead of trying to kick 7 different kinds of shit out of him, I'd try to kick 200mill into him.

Maybe then he'd give us up for free

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't normally condone violence but...

This summer I bought a brand new Titliest driver £400+ which if I swung at him it would split his arse straight down the middle and a fair way too.

but fortunately for him My £400 is worth more to me than his 300mill f**k up is to him

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Given the reactions here, I'm not sure a statement is a good idea.

Still, for this thread at least, hearing "the b****rd will just cobble together a lot of words that mean nothing, I hate him" is a nice change from "the b****rd never speaks to us, I hate him."

If people want him to say something, I don't know why they're annoyed that he won't say anything that matters.

Unless he's sold the club, he doesn't have anything to say that the fans want to hear.

• Like 2

Actions speak louder than words..

get your cheque book out give garde some money. Then get a football guy in a chairman type someone like David dein or someone that has worked for the fa previously to make sure those clowns fox and that other clowns name we got from arsenal are not allowed to destroy this club any further.

stop burying your head in the sand and make it your aim to come to the club every eight weeks to make sure this mess isn't continuing until you have found a buyer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If people want him to say something, I don't know why they're annoyed that he won't say anything that matters.

Unless he's sold the club, he doesn't have anything to say that the fans want to hear.

He could say there is money available to give it a go and try and get us out of the position we are in.  We will support Garde on anyone he sees fit to bring in.  Might give the fans a bit of a lift.

In fairness if he says that and we fail to bring players in because players aren't interested it's just another stick to beat him with. I'm not sure i'm comfortable with offering big wages either to entice them as it could screw us financially in the championship.

He is better off saying nothing until we are actually sold to be honest. Back the manager do what is necessary but really push on with the sale of the club (yes I know he is trying to sell)

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He could say there is money available to give it a go and try and get us out of the position we are in.  We will support Garde on anyone he sees fit to bring in.  Might give the fans a bit of a lift.

I imagine most on here would class that as a rehash of what he's said before. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine most on here would class that as a rehash of what he's said before. 

It would also be an utterly stupid thing to say. 

We are down. That can't be helped. We're not going to get 10 wins between now and May. 

I'd far rather we get a statement saying that they are extremely disappointed and here is the plan to get us back up and being competitive again and the money required to do so will be provided. 

"While there is no money for transfers Mr Lerner has out of his own pocket shelved out for a couple of inspirational posters to be hung at Bodymoor Heath and at some place called Villa Park, enjoy"

hang-in-there.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

I'd like some honesty.

I'd like him to clarify his thought processes for the last 6 years of running the club.  Then I'd like him to be completely upfront and honest and say "I have failed, totally spectacularly and completely failed.  I have almost destroyed this club through my actions and my decisions entirely.  It has been my fault.  I have stumbled from one disaster to another,  one wrong decision  to another and in each one made a bad situation totally worse.  I have employed the wrong people,  we have had the wrong strategy and basically the club is where it is because of me.  In order to rectify this and try and allow this club to live again I have instructed my legal and finance team to value the acquisition of Aston Villa at no more than the purchase price I paid in 2006."

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'd like some honesty.

I'd like him to clarify his thought processes for the last 6 years of running the club.  Then I'd like him to be completely upfront and honest and say "I have failed, totally spectacularly and completely failed.  I have almost destroyed this club through my actions and my decisions entirely.  It has been my fault.  I have stumbled from one disaster to another,  one wrong decision  to another and in each one made a bad situation totally worse.  I have employed the wrong people,  we have had the wrong strategy and basically the club is where it is because of me.  In order to rectify this and try and allow this club to live again I have instructed my legal and finance team to value the acquisition of Aston Villa at no more than the purchase price I paid in 2006."

I think he is simply too dumb to see what he has done wrong

I'm sure Mr Lerners master plan is that by finishing near the bottom of the table in consecutive seasons or even in last place we'll be able to get the #1 draft picks and within a couple of seasons be ready to challenge in the play offs, maybe even reach the finals.

If that doesn't work he'll just move the franchise to a new city

• Like 2

Â