The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The fact Lambert and Lerner got on so well is part of the reason its been so bad.

An owner happy to just survive and a manager happy to show the same level of ambition and they were both over the moon they found each other. Lambert had the big job and security without the need to perform brilliantly and Lerner had his yes man happy to work for an owner with no interest in anything but picking up the premier league wage.

Glad half of the issue has gone, now just need the final part of the problem to get lost.

• Like 2

So we've invested in the squad and strengthened the team over the last 3 years?

Yeah right, Randy. Give it a rest with your bullshit. You've done nothing but weaken the squad for the last 5 seasons and don't we all bloody know it.

Yet the squad is probably stronger than it was three years ago!?

• Like 1

yeah well i am hoping that this process started a few weeks back.. they must have known the writing is on the wall so Fox is a guy that would have some things prepared. Hopefully something will be in place early next week.

Randy does have a replacement in line doesn't he? You don't fire your manager first then look for a replacement. I know he's made a few bad decisions but surely he has someone in line?? Right??

Just like we were sure he wouldn't have announced the club was up for sale without having lined up a purchaser...

• Like 3

So we've invested in the squad and strengthened the team over the last 3 years?

Yeah right, Randy. Give it a rest with your bullshit. You've done nothing but weaken the squad for the last 5 seasons and don't we all bloody know it.

Yet the squad is probably stronger than it was three years ago!?

It definitely is but the squad three years was crap.

Nobody that has ever been owner or manager of Villa has as much hatred from me as the **** that owns us now. 

It was such a whim buy for him back in the crazy money grows on trees days days.

What Krulak said today, not only is it lies but it shows how much these fools that bought us know about football. Lambert was backed as manager in the transfer market he says, spent more than any manager!!! Seriously!! How can you make up stuff people know is a lie straight off the bat. 

My God I hate these people. Really really hate them. I cant stomach them owning our club. 

• Like 1

I cant understand why Lerner is running the club down if he wants to sell it.Surely he should build the club up to make it a more atractive purchase ?!

I mean before selling your car or house you do it up a bit FFS.

• Like 1

Why Krulak felt the need to say anything to anyone is beyond me.

Lambert left with a little dignity what with his nice letter and all, Lerner comes out and says that Lambert did a good job for him as far as he's concerned - it all ended quite well considering.

Then Krulak comes out and gives a negative slant of everything by talking about money and boring football?

Unless he was contacted directly by the Sun (in which case he should know better than to give negative sound bites), then he should have just kept his trap shut.

Silly bugger.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

The fact Lambert and Lerner got on so well is part of the reason its been so bad.

An owner happy to just survive and a manager happy to show the same level of ambition and they were both over the moon they found each other. Lambert had the big job and security without the need to perform brilliantly and Lerner had his yes man happy to work for an owner with no interest in anything but picking up the premier league wage.

Glad half of the issue has gone, now just need the final part of the problem to get lost.

Spot on mate.....they can give as much PR bullshite as they want....but the major problem remains...Randolph Lerner. Even IF we get an half decent manager the funding will remain the same, so the vicious, ambitousless circle of mediocrity will continue. The first question that should be asked by a prospective manager is..........whats the budget? Otherwise its another 5 years of turmoil until Lerner recoups his investment!

Â