The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Wether he is worse than Ellis is pretty irrelevant to the current situation .Lerner is destroying this club , on and off the field , time to back or sack the manager .This needs sorting out quickly before we become the next wolves, i have no confidence in coming back up if we do go down with Lerner at the helm.

• Like 1

Ok have to say this before I post the next bit I wanted Ellis out , campaigned against him he needed to go.

Lerner is worse

Under Ellis we may have gone down and he may have out nothing of his own wealth into the team BUT

Under Ellis we competed on the pitch and we did compete off it

Under Ellis at least we had hope of a better future

Under Ellis we turned up for games and still had excitement at the start of a new season

Under Ellis the club was attractive enough to be bought out

Under Ellis he never forgot that first and foremost our business was football

Under Ellis at least he came to games and witnessed for himself

It is pointless arguing but of course Ellis is worse. If Ellis were here running the club in the current environment we would have gone under because he wouldn't have put as much funding in as Lerner has.

Ellis was also a lot more disrespectful with his attitude as well which is hardly endearing in an owner.

• Like 2

Ok have to say this before I post the next bit I wanted Ellis out , campaigned against him he needed to go.

Lerner is worse

Under Ellis we may have gone down and he may have out nothing of his own wealth into the team BUT

1. Under Ellis we competed on the pitch and we did compete off it
  2. Under Ellis at least we had hope of a better future
  3. Under Ellis we turned up for games and still had excitement at the start of a new season
  4. Under Ellis the club was attractive enough to be bought out
  5. Under Ellis he never forgot that first and foremost our business was football
  6. Under Ellis at least he came to games and witnessed for himself

(I added the numbering. Apologies)

1. What we could have done had he bothered to put any money in, eh?
  2. If our future was so bright, why campaign against him?
  3. More exciting than continuous top 6 finishes?
  4. That was 10 years ago. Prices go up. That prices out a lot of potential buyers.
  5. He also never forgot to line his pockets.
  6. Indeed he did. He also made sure everything (and I mean everything) went through himself and himself only.

That said, it's like comparing rotten apples to rotten oranges. Lerner has much to answer for also.

Basically, neither of them are good enough for our club.

• Like 1

For all his faults, and all the things he's done wrong you can't blame Lerner for 11 goals in 21 games. They don't even get close to scoring. Those players are good enough to score goals. That's the managers fault and you can try all you like but you can't shift the blame onto Lerner for that.

• Like 2

For all his faults, and all the things he's done wrong you can't blame Lerner for 11 goals in 21 games. They don't even get close to scoring. Those players are good enough to score goals. That's the managers fault and you can try all you like but you can't shift the blame onto Lerner for that.

He can be apportioned part of the blame as he's never provided the funding to sign players identified by Lamber (and others) that may have made our attacking play better ie, Tadic, Belhanda, Chadli, Mertens, Kiyotake et al (and most likely soon-to-be Sinclair and Gil)

He can be apportioned part of the blame as he's never provided the funding to sign players identified by Lamber (and others) that may have made our attacking play better ie, Tadic, Belhanda, Chadli, Mertens, Kiyotake et al (and most likely soon-to-be Sinclair and Gil)

Are you saying the players put out yesterday aren't good enough to produce more than one shot on target? That the ones out last week are not good enough to threaten Blackpool? The squad is no better than 11 goals in over half a season? Nah. Not having that. Burley manage to score goals and they didn't need to buy players as mentioned above. Lerner can be blamed for many things, but our lack of goals isn't one of them.

• Like 3

If you're willing to pay a rediculous price for it. He's not going anywhere if you haven't noticed.

Unlike his predecessor, he has put money into the club. He has the right to attempt to recoup some of that money and demand what he thinks it is worth - especially when that price is much less than some of the ridiculous reported prices on other clubs like Tottenham (£1billion).

I thought he loaned the club money.

I'd also add, did we ever have a 5 year period under Ellis that was this bad? I know he relegated us (before my time) but from my experience a shit season was usually followed by a decent one. This is now consistently shit.

If we were relegated this year would anyone change their mind?

Are you saying the players put out yesterday aren't good enough to produce more than one shot on target? That the ones out last week are not good enough to threaten Blackpool? The squad is no better than 11 goals in over half a season? Nah. Not having that. Burley manage to score goals and they didn't need to buy players as mentioned above. Lerner can be blamed for many things, but our lack of goals isn't one of them.

Obviously the players are not good enough , that's why we're not scoring. I haven't said the owner is the be all and end all in the blame game but surely he has limited the playing squad by not giving the funds necessary.

Lambert is also to blame, as are the likes of Gabby, Weimann, Benteke and every other player to have played during  our goaless streak.

Obviously the players are not good enough , that's why we're not scoring. I haven't said the owner is the be all and end all in the blame game but surely he has limited the playing squad by not giving the funds necessary.

Lambert is also to blame, as are the likes of Gabby, Weimann, Benteke and every other player to have played during  our goaless streak.

Nah. The players in that squad are better than 11 goals in 21 games. They are players who are in or have been in international squads.

I admire your unwavering support for Paul Lambert, but just not sure what he's done to deserve it.

• Like 1

Whether he is worse than Ellis is irrelevant, Lerner is killing our club without a care in the world.

It may be a play thing for him, a toy, a rich man's hobby - but for us fans the club is far more than this and seemingly he completely disregards us and how we feel towards the club.

I want him gone, we can blame Lambert, we can blame the players, but ultimately the blame lies with Randolph Lerner since he is the only person who can change anything.

Nah. The players in that squad are better than 11 goals in 21 games. They are players who are in or have been in international squads.

I admire your unwavering support for Paul Lambert, but just not sure what he's done to deserve it.

Que? My unwavering support of Lambert?!?!?

Lambert is part of the problem - I've stated that, the players are part of the problem as is the owner.

The club is currently rotten and no one factor can be attributed the entire blame.

Apologies for not being a full-on hater as seems to be the current fad. baa baa

• Like 1

Is he showing unwavering support or is he looking at the reality of the situation? One in which everyone from Lerner down to the coaching staff are to blame, not just Lambert.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Scott I have thought, yes he is worse than Ellis in my opinion.

Sure football has changed, sure the environment we are in has changed. But it has changed for everyone. We competed under Ellis when it was the same for everyone are failing under Lerner when it is the same for everyone.

FFP came in under Lerner , did he capitalise or attempt to ? What did he do or has he done to help us under FFP ? Just sit back and blame it?

I know times have changed Scott I accept that but it's changed for everyone . Why have the likes of stoke, Southampton, Swansea , wet spam and quite possibly Bournemouth moved ahead of us under the stewardship of Lerner ? It's the same for them as for us.

We had a better starting position than those clubs and should have been better placed to have capitalised, sure we are unable to compete with the mega clubs and never will until something radical changes to at least give us a chance. But the clubs I have mentioned? We have gone backwards and that is not down to a changing environment .

Worse than Ellis and I accept some will not agree and I understand why as well

• Like 1

Â