The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Sorry I was trying to make a joke that Hairy Hands was really Trent. Nothing against the place as I say but one thing against the place is that there seems to be an awful lot of arguing on there, for a place that likes to call itself the 'the friendly forum'.

Anyway the same poster also said that the CEO should be announced in matter of days rather than weeks we'll see.

Oh I see, sorry. That went right over my head!

No one would love to see that forum be proved right than I would, but there has been so much bullshit come out of there, not to mention frankly strange and childish behaviour. The friendly forum act always came across as weird and kind of fake to me.

Anyway, let's hope our new CEO is announced shortly and that a sale isn't far behind. This so-called 'message' from Randy that Nursey mentioned in one of his tweets earlier concerning the four year deal signed by Cissokho has me puzzled though. If it's just Nursey reading into things then I think he's wrong, but if he's heard something and is being cryptic then I'm a little worried. I think it implies Randy is sticking around as owner for the season, which wouldn't be good. 

I think the statement thing from Nursey is just him saying that it's a sign that Lerner whilst here will continue as normal and won't do things half arsed. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of statement is released by the club soon saying that any sale will be put on hold whilst the season is in progess.

Assuming the rumour is correct and we have approached a CEO, assuming they are already have a job then surely that CEO has a substantial notice period at their current company?!?!

I'm not HairyHands and nobody is allowed dual accounts on VT, even the Mods. As for TBAR they made a mistake with the whole Admin thing as I'm sure they would admit but they are good guys and it's an okay site.

On the rumours about a new CEO I believe there is something in it in terms of Randy looking for someone to replace Faulkner. As I've said all summer I don't see a takeover happening any time soon so it stands to reason that Lerner is going to need someone running the club because he isn't going to do it himself.

No idea who it might be or even of someone has been identified but it wouldn't surprise me if it were someone in a similar post at another club.

• Like 2

I think Gould has hinted that he wants more of a football person in the role. If it's someone to run the club then Cortese is the name that comes to mind as I think he was basically in charge of Southampton.

Speaking of Graham Taylor was once chairman of Watford, but I can't remember whether he was properly or just in name.

I wonder why he wanted rid of Faulkner from the CEO position?

I think he's trying to get the days back on side, as Faulkner has received a lot of stick from us (rightly or wrongly!)

*fans back on side. Not days

Just been listening to a short telephone conversation between Johnny Gould and Howard Hodgson (http://jonnygould.blogspot.co.uk/) posted yesterday.

Not a lot in it that we didn't know, Howard Hodgson would also like to see Cortese in the CEO role but has no ITK information, and feels that the main difficulty with a sale is that Villa would have serious financial problems if they fall out of the Premiership (unlike Fulham who have the attraction of a ground so close to London).

The most interesting thing for me was that Johnny Gould speaks as if it's fact that Lerner has now decided not to sell (mainly because of the problems he's having finding a buyer at the price), and the appointment of a new CEO is his opening attempt to try to make a go of things.

We live in interesting times.

Just been listening to a short telephone conversation between Johnny Gould and Howard Hodgson (http://jonnygould.blogspot.co.uk/) posted yesterday.

Not a lot in it that we didn't know, Howard Hodgson would also like to see Cortese in the CEO role but has no ITK information, and feels that the main difficulty with a sale is that Villa would have serious financial problems if they fall out of the Premiership (unlike Fulham who have the attraction of a ground so close to London).

The most interesting thing for me was that Johnny Gould speaks as if it's fact that Lerner has now decided not to sell (mainly because of the problems he's having finding a buyer at the price), and the appointment of a new CEO is his opening attempt to try to make a go of things.

We live in interesting times.

So basically neither of them know anything. It's not a case of RL deciding to keep the club more a sensible reaction to not being able to sell the club. He had to protect his investment until he can sell so appointing a CEO and investing a little in the side is sensible.

Oh and Howard Hodgson not ITK, I bet it hurt him to admit that. So what's happened to his bid consortium?

Edited by Harry

One of the Moderators on TBAR seems to think that a potential new CEO has been approached and now we're just 'waiting on personal terms'. The Mod posts on here sometimes and over the last few days has been in dialogue with Jonny Gould over twitter so I presume that's where he's got it from.

Although I find it strange that no one but Gould seems to have any clue about this.

You lost me at 'TBAR', because Larry Ellison called me at that exact moment to ask me to sit in his box with him and watch our new world-beaters tomorrow.

And me.

I think I will turn on my 'US Billionaire Random Name Generator' machine and get posting on the £200m US Takeover thread.

• Like 1

I am inclined to believe appointing a new CEO/Executive Chairman would be an affirmation that Randy has a buyer.

Really? Why would you think that?

Personally, I think the opposite. If he is appointing a new CEO is because there is no takeover on the horizon and Lerner needs someone to keep things ticking over whilst he remains absent.

• Like 2

Â