The Randy Lerner thread

CI

A takeover in the middle of a season is not a good thing. This is the best course of action seeing as we're not going to be sold before the season starts on Saturday.

Try again next year, hopefully we'll be a more attractive proposition by then.

• Like 1

Lerner no longer actively looking to sell #AVFC. Will sell if approached. Will provide funds for Lambert. [bBC WM / @Avillafan]

Hopefully this might mean we are in a better position to sign up Vlaar, Delph and maybe Gabby to contracts.

Ugh. So we're going to be desperately fighting not to be relegated in perpetuity. Great, wonderful. 

EDIT: I shouldn't say that, sooner or later we might actually get relegated!

Edited by HanoiVillan

If he's going to provide funds then fair enough. I really don't care who the owner is so long as we're competitive (I'm not saying that we are particularly at the moment but if he's ponying up then we'll be better for it).

• Like 1

I all it is, I think is an attempt to project an image of stability,so that it doesn't look like we're a club with a want away owner during the season. Behind the scenes I feel Randy still wants to sell up and the transfer budget will just be the same as usual.

So Lerner, who has given everything he's got and can't do it anymore because his heart isn't in it is now no longer actively looking to sell. Well that's not going to be true, is it?

As predicted on here by some, nobody's interested. So we have a owner who doesn't want us and no CEO. Nice.

If he's going to provide funds then fair enough. I really don't care who the owner is so long as we're competitive (I'm not saying that we are particularly at the moment but if he's ponying up then we'll be better for it).

He's hardly going to provide the funds and a plan to be competitive though is he? He doesn't want to be here.

He's hardly going to provide the funds and a plan to be competitive though is he? He doesn't want to be here.

Similarly if he wants out, it's best to sell a club that hasn't been relegated - so he should have some short term ideas in place at least.

A takeover in the middle of a season is not a good thing. This is the best course of action seeing as we're not going to be sold before the season starts on Saturday.

Try again next year, hopefully we'll be a more attractive proposition by then.

Disagree completely whenever we get rid of Lerner and his cronies will be a good day for the Villa!

But that's the thing. We will just do enough to make sure we are a premiership team, nothing more. If he's given up actively looking after a few months then I find that worrying. It also means his last statement was bullshit.

But that's the thing. We will just do enough to make sure we are a premiership team, nothing more. If he's given up actively looking after a few months then I find that worrying. It also means his last statement was bullshit.

Given the state of affairs - there's not much point him doing any more than that, is there?

Given the state of affairs - there's not much point him doing any more than that, is there?

Which is bad news. It means more years like the last few, more low league finishes, more average players signed.

To have an owner who openly admits he doesn't want to be here but isn't actively looking to sell isn't go to result in much.

I highly doubt he will provide any significant funds. 

What would you consider to be significant?

I'd like to see him given the money to address the squad where it's at it's weakest with 2 decent players. A good defensive midfielder, and a good attacking midfielder. I don't think Lerner will pay the wages to sign decent players though unfortunately. 

Â