Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I was really impressed with him today. I know he is seen as a defensive midfielder but he seemed very keen to get forward on a number of occasions. I think a midfield 3 of Delph, Westwood and Sylla could be decent with both Delph and Sylla looking capable of being box to box midfielders.

• Like 1

Thought he did a good job today. Reading's midfield was shite, but he made no mistakes, got around the park well and had a couple of go's at goal. Let's see what he can do against better players, but I was really encouraged today.

Great game today. Added that bit of grit to midfield and he can pass very well. Can't wait to see this team next year if we stay up. We are going in the right direction no matter what the Lambert bashers say.

• Like 3

I think he possibly has goals in him and his confidence will be given a real boost after starting and being on the winning side. Ok, it was a very average Reading side, but the experience won't do his PL grounding any harm.

Very impressed by his movement off the ball!

Im sure he was a french under 21 or something interational, so the ability is there. Just think that his price, when we bought him and the fact he was totally of the radar had a few of you squirming!

Bet Lambo's having a right chuckle lol.

Very impressed by his PL debut, broke up play without diving in and not getting booked like Delph loves to do. His shooting isn't even that bad, two shots one nearly went in lol. Would play him, Westwood and Delph after QPR.

Edited by Avflife

Defensively he is very good good but offensively he is awful. Play him deep and tell him to defend first, and he will do well.

Awful? Calm down. 

What? I was very calm posting this...Just stating my opinion. I thought he was poor going forward. He seemed lost on the other side of the pitch.

A good debut, I thought. Really freed up Westwood and Bannan, covered both sides of the pitch and tracked well. Very comfortable on the ball and moves into space to give an "easy out" option to other players. Also liked the fact that he dropped in behind when Baker or Lowton came forward.

He's not the type to play a killer pass to our front line but, then, that isn't his job.

Â