Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Diasgree. Westwood and Lowton has been very good, and Vlaar has been decent.

Lowton and Vlaar can't defend which is one of the main attributes you would like a defender to have and westwood offers nothing in the midfield. He can't tackle, he is too lightweight and offers nothing going forward at all.

If you mean Vlaar is shit at defending high balls into our box, then i agree. He needs somebody beside that can do that, which proberly means Richard Dunne. But his overall defending is not bad at all considering.

Remember, he has had to nurse maid the three stooges whilst adapting to the Premier........not an easy feat!

I think he is another flop Lambert signing.

Apart from Benteke every single one of Lamberts signings have been gash

**** hell  - talk about blinkered.

We get it, you don't like Lambert - did he run over your dog or something?

No my dog is fine. I said before he was appointed he would be a disaster and he is living up to that. Almost every signing and every tactical decision he has made has been terrible. Why people still get behind him is beyond me. We can all see how shit we have been all season and how bad the midfield is so he gets a second rate ligue 2 player in and dawkins who is 25 and who has never played for spurs and leaves them on the bench because they are not good enough to get a start in this world class team he has managed to assemble. And you wonder why I give him stick?

Woww KHV writes Sylla off after seeing him perform twice. :'( weepable.

you can tell how good he is by the fact he is still behind Delphi and westwood in the pecking order who are both sub standard midfielders.

what's the point in signing people who can't make and impact immediately? Its not as if we have time on our side is it?

agreed..if we brought in sisoko we would have more points on the board..you get what you pay for im afraid

I think he is another flop Lambert signing.

Apart from Benteke every single one of Lamberts signings have been gash

That might seem a littttttle bit premature.

Also harsh on Westwood, Guzan, Lowton and Vlaar.

Steel is what we need and we are not getting to see him ? Surely he's not that steel strong if he is behind delph ( I would say westwood but they're different types of players)

He was a french division two player. Probably a young promising one but thats still not good enough for now. I said this during the transfer window. We needed someone like sissoko aswell... one player that will make a huge difference like a scott parker or yohan cabaye type(s)

you can tell how good he is by the fact he is still behind Delphi and westwood in the pecking order who are both sub standard midfielders.

what's the point in signing people who can't make and impact immediately? Its not as if we have time on our side is it?

I don't want to freak you out but Villa are still going to be playing football next year, and the year after, etc. 

How can anybody say anything about how good or bad he is, who is in front of him, etc? He's just arrived here, none of us have really seen anything of him yet! It's pretty common for new signings to be introduced gradually, so you can't say "Oh, he didn't start within two games of coming to a new league in a new country. Clearly, this player is worse than HItler."

• Like 1

How can anybody say anything about how good or bad he is, who is in front of him, etc? He's just arrived here, none of us have really seen anything of him yet! It's pretty common for new signings to be introduced gradually, so you can't say "Oh, he didn't start within two games of coming to a new league in a new country. Clearly, this player is worse than HItler."

And yet Newcastle buy Sissoko, start him straight away and he wins 2 games on the bounce for them almost single handedly. 

I think most of us know exactly how much of an impact this player is going to have on the Premier League. 

And yet Newcastle buy Sissoko, start him straight away and he wins 2 games on the bounce for them almost single handedly. 

I think most of us know exactly how much of an impact this player is going to have on the Premier League. 

Sissoko is a great signing for Newcastle, it's in the Michu ballpark of signings (except if you consider wages). There are hundreds of signings that don't work out on a Sissoko or Michu level. Some signings are for the future. I'm only saying this because you sound like you're whining.

If Sylla makes even the smallest bit of difference and even if that difference is just giving Delph the kick up the backside that seems to have happened since Sylla arrived, then that is something at least. Clubs make signings for the future all the time. He has only been here for three games anyway, sheesh. 

But yeah, I don't think Sylla's going to be on the level of Sissoko. Maybe he'll surprise us. 

Edited by praisedmambo

ok, so he isnt sissoko, but lets be honest, if we signed sissoko instead, then he wouldnt be as productive for us as he is for newcastle, mainly because players a this club dont get treated right, sissoko would still probably not even get much game time at the moment if we signed him

as for sylla, i really hope he comes good and pushes delph back out, he just needs more game time, how else is he going to adapt

ok, so he isnt sissoko, but lets be honest, if we signed sissoko instead, then he wouldnt be as productive for us as he is for newcastle, mainly because players a this club dont get treated right, sissoko would still probably not even get much game time at the moment if we signed him

as for sylla, i really hope he comes good and pushes delph back out, he just needs more game time, how else is he going to adapt

I'm sorry but you're making statements with very negative blinkers on. "Players at this club don't get treated right?" Pffft. There's only two people you could say that about and that's Ireland and Bent - there is a whole squad of players who are getting treated right (and Sissoko is better than ALL of them). Ireland makes his own life hard with his ineffective performances and as for Bent, these things happen. If Sissoko had come to Villa he would have played 90 minutes in all of our games - - Lambert would be rubbing his hands with joy as he is on another level to the players we have. People knew that before he moved. There wouldn't be a risk of relegation. Just consider the wages Newcastle have put him on to see that everyone knew already that he was a different kettle of fish entirely, Newcastle knew what they were buying into and it is beyond us at the moment. Blah blah blah. Not until we have got rid of the likes of Dunne, Given, Ireland and Bent - and even then it looks right now like the football money madness has passed us by. And do you know what, personally, I almost don't even care about that. Football is sick because of the stupid money going around, the best part of the game died with that, establishing just a few elite teams who are going to win 95% of everything going.

Basically, you just cannot compare Sylla to Sissoko in any way. There are plenty of players Lambert signed who went straight into the team - Vlaar, KEA, Lowton, Benteke, Guzan, why make stupid statements that Sissoko would have barely played for us? Don't expect too much from Sylla, at least then you might be surprised but definitely don't expect him to be replacing Delph any time soon. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

agreed..if we brought in sisoko we would have more points on the board..you get what you pay for im afraid

since we signed Sylla we have 4 from 9 that includes visits to Everton and Arsenal

This guy must be crap if he can't get in our midfield

I do find myself asking the same question but we will see. I am not gonna pass judgement on him until I have seen a couple of matches from him. But I do find this worrying, a signing for the future in january sounds questionable at best, specially when you look at our squad and how we are doing. Also when you see which pos he plays, a place where we desperately need something. 

I hope all these rumors that he is impressing on the training ground is true and he will start a game soon. Last 15 is not gonna cut it.

Think he was bought in as insurance so if we go down he will most likely stay considering where he came from (Ligue 2)

Don't think the club honestly thought he would help us at this stage, I doubt Lambert did either.

Not writing him off but when they talk about "for the future" signing when we are at the moment in a relegation battle it smacks of covering ourselves and preparing for relegation.

let's see though.

Well we chose to 'strengthen' with players that are perhaps not really ready (or at this point good enough) to step into the first team. It certainly was a bizarre window, Sylla may well become a good player but we really needed something more immediate rather than a 'prospect'.

But then none of us really know whether this guy is ready or not. For all we know he could start tomorrow and have a stormer.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â