Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Spoke to a client today who's company do maintenace at bodymore. He has witnessed a big fall out with Bent an Lambert, Ireland involved too. Apparently Lamberts stubborness to use these tactics have caused players refusing to play these formations. Bent and Co were trying to advise Lambert the younger guys find it very difficult play these systems but Lambert went off on a rant. Interesting would explain alot!!!

Interesting.

Problem is Randy is backing this course of action.

Given

Bent

Ireland

Dunne

Hutton

Warnock

all overlooked pretty quickly by Lambert. not saying all should play but is he intimidated by the egos?

They are on large salaries and if the manager told Warnock or Hutton to play on the wing all game (look at Bennett's heat map) and not get involved in the defence, leaving the team with just 3 defenders... I think they'd kick up a stink.

You can't have a team fighting relegation with just 3 at the back.

I think we won't see that formation again

I thought that too but he played it again last night and it pretty much cost us the game. When we go down it'll be mainly Lambert's fault IMO.

Edited by villa89

I keep reading in the media we played 5 defenders, which is bullshit.  5 defenders makes it sound we are very defensive.

Actually we played 3-5-2. Two of those defenders were midfielders. This left Newcastle's forwards and midfielders a ridiculous amount of space to work with. 

16iwpiq.jpg

Edited by Con

reason the 4 are offering nothing is that Lambert refuses to play them. e.g. Everytime Ireland shows promise he is dropped for Bannan or Delph. Its a joke at this stage

And he refuses to play a formation that would get the best out of Bent.

Dean Saunders to Wolves fans: "I’ll say this to the supporters: we will have a team ready at the start of next season to challenge for a top 2 place to go to the Premier League. January is not the time to rebuild a squad. Things will change this summer. I will tell them that."

Something in the water round these parts..

The back 3 will always be stretched to cover the whole penalty area, especially if one of the CBs (Baker) is caught out on the wing double teaming with a WB (who never gets in the PA) trying to block a cross.

Lowton took up the 3rd CB position, filling-in for Baker. With 4 at the back he wouldn't have done that and would have been closer to Cabaye. I don't blame Lowton or Westwood for not blocking that shot, it's the formation.

11s36sk.png

20r90ft.png

so you expect bennet to of pushed in to the peno box andleave newcastle with 2 players on the wing? it was bad defending. cisse didnt make an amazing run. it was an individual error not the system.

the midfielders should of been out to block.cabaye. newcastlehad **** all chances and both there goals were caused by our inexperience .

'It's nothing to do with systems, it's the players.'

Wow, top motivation skills.

Wouldn't it be funny (Not really but you will know what I'm getting at) if one or more of the players came out and said "It's not the players - it's the systems we're using". That would create an interesting scenario!

This whole sorry situation is tearing me apart. On one hand I want some continuity at the club but with Lambert's seemingly stubborn attitude, I just cannot see us ever getting any better. I am not just worried about this season. I am also worried we would go down again next season, even if that means going to League one!

We really have to ask ourselves this question. Does Lambert give you the feeling that he would do any better next season - without financial backing? By financial backing I mean getting another £15m+ to spend in the summer.

I am watching this team look worse and worse with every passing game. I am finding it increasingly difficult to want him to stay no matter what. I honestly do not believe that he would do any better next season. So, with that in mind, do we really want to keep him?

I am now of the opinion that we should try to get someone else in ASAP whilst there is no big gap between us and those above us. The longer we leave it the harder the task will become because the points gap and goal difference are just going to keep growing until the end of the season, at the rate we are going. That's not a panic decision either. I was not feeling too despondent about the thought of relegation. But, having witnessed the Bradford and Newcastle games, and having looked at my worries from the first game of the season, I just cannot see any development in Lambert's tactics and that worries me more than anything else about us right now.

I honestly cannot see us surviving this seaosn with Lambert in charge. I also cannot see us coming back up if he stays in charge for next season. I would actually fear back to back relegations!

The Everton game will be a horror show, Fellaini could pretty much singlehandedly beat our tiny weak midfield and our shamolic unorganized defence.

Not looking forward to the rest of the season under Lambert 

so you expect bennet to of pushed in to the peno box andleave newcastle with 2 players on the wing? it was bad defending.

Did I blame Bennett? No, it's the system.

The formation mean't the back 3 were very stretched because they had to cover the whole of the penalty box themselves. 

If Baker had pushed further toward Cisse the gap between Vlaar and Baker would have been larger, and allowed a through-ball.

Bennett is in no-mans-land because he thinks with the 3 CBs it is Baker's job to mark Cisse.

With 2 CBs the FB would have been much closer to Cisse and the ball would have gone out wide to the winger - dangerous yes, but less dangerous than this.

11s36sk.png

Edited by Con