Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Absolute rubbish - Lambert is desperate for Dunne to be fit and will start him when he is

Bent, Ireland, Warnock and Hutton are not poor little "sacrificial lambs" - between them they are earning north of £200k a week and offer absolutely nothing

"Maybe he knew they would see through him"! How did Bent, Ireland, Warnock and Hutton gain the high ground? Lambert is a CL winner, he's got nothing to prove to those four

Criticise Lambert for whatever you want - there is plenty of things to choose but please "sacrificial lambs" FFS

reason the 4 are offering nothing is that Lambert refuses to play them. e.g. Everytime Ireland shows promise he is dropped for Bannan or Delph. Its a joke at this stage

it really annoys me that the journos dont pull him up properly regrding this awful wingbacks system.

i think BBC asked him laSt night (pat murphy perhaps) and PL said it wasnt the the system, it was the players.

WTF!!! PLAY THEM IN POSITIONS THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH YOU clearing in the woods

I just can'y believe anyone can defend Lambert, this formation hasnt been working for weeks now. So what does he do he plays it again and lo and behold a supposed 3 at the back almost immediately becomes a 5, we sit so deep inviting pressure and before you know it were 2 0 down.

An excuse given the plan was to obviously keep things tight isnt an excuse its a failing because its poor to do that at home to Newcastle and it didnt work again anyway.

Then 4 at the back and like magic we start playing football and start taking the game to Newcastle.

Blame Lerner all you want for not being a top 6 or even top 10 club but its Lamberts fault we are in a relegation fight.

I really want to support Lambert, and I suppose I will continue to do so quietly, but it's getting more and more difficult to defend him with every passing week.

It was the tactics that screwed us over last night, and the buck has to stop at Lambert's door for the way we played in the first half.

The players have to be given the right platform to perform. They need the right tactics, the right formation and enough motivation to go out there and perform to their best. They're not been given that at the moment, and while we can all see that the personnel on show aren't good enough, we can also see that they're not playing to the best of their limited abilities.

I agree with absolutely your view Shillzz - I hope that that is the last time we see 3 CBs. I can't agree with the view from Houlston that we currently have the resources to be a mid-table side and that somehow it is Lambert's fault that we are not - it's just not that simple

it really annoys me that the journos dont pull him up properly regrding this awful wingbacks system.

i think BBC asked him laSt night (pat murphy perhaps) and PL said it wasnt the the system, it was the players.

I agree - it's the players and the system. If we don't have wing-backs who will push up I can't understand why you would play that system. It makes us more solid defensively but it gifts possession. I think we won't see that formation again

I agree with absolutely your view Shillzz - I hope that that is the last time we see 3 CBs. I can't agree with the view from Houlston that we currently have the resources to be a mid-table side and that somehow it is Lambert's fault that we are not - it's just not that simple

I said its Lamberts fault we are in a relegation fight, we should be higher up the table. If we were mid table then he would be doing a good job. But we are better than where we are now. His tactics and team selections have cost us points, we could be at least 6-10 points better off with a manager who isnt under performing.

You have 2 choices: Play them in positions they are used to, or spend time teaching them their new ones properly.

Doing neither is not a choice - but I'm starting to believe that is what is happening.

I'm hurting as much as the next man - but I'm trying to keep a clear head and think without anger.

The first half he got it wrong of that there is no doubt, however we really are having the most awful luck. Cabaye hits a screamer it goes in, Nzogbia hits a screamer it hits the post. If Nzogs goes in it's a different game.

The second half how we didn't score I just don't know, we did everything, and torn Newcastle apart, it just didn't fall for us. That fight and determination is a small thing to hold onto.

But I dont think it will be enough - I think this season was very much misjudged by the board and Lambert as to the amount of quality we had. We're 5 players short of staying up, the actions of the board are criminal.

I just dont think we can escape this.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014dr1h

please listen to it cheers.

'It's nothing to do with systems, it's the players.'

As stated in a previous post i was prepared to give Lambert the benefit of the doubt after 'hairyhand's' revelations concerning his available budget, but after the above comment, no more.

I want those who still support Lambert to think about this.

With the addition of new players whether they are top quality and on extravagant wages, or more lower league players with potential and wages to match, do you think Lambert will utilize those players to the best of their ability?

I personally think that with Lambert's perseverance of his preferred system the purchase of two new players won't make the slightest bit of difference and will be in Lambert's hands, a total waste of the chairman's money.

He simply cannot see, or due to stubbornness won't see, that his present system is strangling the life out of the players available and especially in the FB department where they simply don't have the experience to play in the way Lambert's system requires them to. Bennett and Lowton are being asked to emulate the likes of Ashley Cole who has learnt to play that way through years of european experience and yet Lambert expects our young FBs who have come from the Championship to adapt to that type of experience immediately.

I believe there is still time however to save the club from relegation but Lerner must sack Lambert now and bring in a manager who will very quickly determine the need for system change to get the best out of whats available and then you will see more of the type of performance that we were graced with in the second half of last night's game against Newcastle which will ultimately be enough to keep us up. 

The system last night was the same that cost us at Milwall he doesn't learn.

You can talk about lack of budget all you want but as we can't beat teams in lesser leagues than us I think that is a cop out.

Tha tactics were hopeless in the first half and then he says' it's players..so what Gabby came on and played LWB did he ? If you take a striker and defender off and put on 2 strikers then you have changed tactics simple..If he just admitted he got it wrong first half I would have more respect for him

Agree with a lot of that morpheous.

For me last night completely destroyed any argument people use to defend him.

Yeah last night changed my opinion of him completely. Since the West Brom game at home i've been questioning his tactics, but yesterday was just a step too far, was a complete no brainer after 10 minutes that the formation was just going to get us slaughtered. It really doesn't take any kind of football genius to see that, I actually think he knows less about football tactics then your average fan. Some things are just too obvious for him to see it seems. I don't know whether his terrible tactic are down to complete stubbornness or lack of tactical knowledge but he's failing badly. 

Its not about tonight and its not about Lambert, it is about several years of Randy Lerner failing to know how to run a Football Club.

No. Its about the here and now, just as it was with our previous managers.

Those managers were given money and generally didn't spend that money wisely and in some cases wasted it.

Our present manager has, with the exception of Benteke, repeated those mistakes again and compounded those mistakes by imposing a system which the players are incapable of playing in.

Lerner must take some responsibility for his choice of manager and not investing so far in this window but even if investment was forth coming in this window i don't think the right manager is in charge to spend it wisely.  

I always try to give the manager the benefit of the doubt - even McLeish. Lambert cocked up last night. As soon as Weimann and Gabby came on we were a different team, thats fine, people make mistakes. The worry from me was the fact he didn't recognise it afterwards. To say there was nothing wrong with the system it just "wasn't happening" is bonkers. Improvements are needed and fast. Can he deliever the 7 wins we need? I doubt it should we sack him - no.

Spoke to a client today who's company do maintenace at bodymore. He has witnessed a big fall out with Bent an Lambert, Ireland involved too. Apparently Lamberts stubborness to use these tactics have caused players refusing to play these formations. Bent and Co were trying to advise Lambert the younger guys find it very difficult play these systems but Lambert went off on a rant. Interesting would explain alot!!!

Lambert is basically an idiot.

With him in charge, we are totally ****. Weimann has been scoring goals and gives 100% so he leaves him on the bench. Wonderful. He really doesn't have a clue.

I can't name one manager who I think would do any worse than Lambert. I'd take Bruce, Curbs, Di Matteo, Adkins even McCarthy over this fool.

To stay up though, we need TWO midfielders and John Gregory.

• Like 1

@ con.

in your second picture lowton was right to take that position as the cross came from the far side. its the CMF that should be picking up the likes of cabaye and getting a block in when our defence gets pushed back.

the first picture was bad marking by baker. bennet is marking there winger. theres no excuse for baker not preventing that through ball by being tighter to cisse. it was schoolboy defending. again our defence wasnt helped by our midfield

The back 3 will always be stretched to cover the whole penalty area, especially if one of the CBs (Baker) is caught out on the wing double teaming with a WB (who never gets in the PA) trying to block a cross.

Lowton took up the 3rd CB position, filling-in for Baker. With 4 at the back he wouldn't have done that and would have been closer to Cabaye. I don't blame Lowton or Westwood for not blocking that shot, it's the formation.

11s36sk.png

20r90ft.png

Lambert is basically an idiot.

With him in charge, we are totally ****. Weimann has been scoring goals and gives 100% so he leaves him on the bench. Wonderful. He really doesn't have a clue.

I can't name one manager who I think would do any worse than Lambert. I'd take Bruce, Curbs, Di Matteo, Adkins even McCarthy over this fool.

To stay up though, we need TWO midfielders and John Gregory.

Wiemann is still recovering from a virus hence why he didn't start yesterday.

And from your list i'd say most of them would do a worse job than Lambert. Remind me of Gregory's recent track record in management?