Paul Lambert

Pilchard

They're not the experienced heads we are looking for.

This. We're in a jam really. A few years back we'd have loved to see the youngsters blooded, because as we all know, MON was terrible in that regard. However, now we're in no position to do it, yet we're doing it.

We never seem to have any middle ground at the club. It's the same with the fans. You can't seem to hold a middle of the ground view. I've been lurking for a while and have seen that people are branded as 'one or the other'. We seem to have that mentality within the club as well, so what chance do we have?

Lamberts been tasked with reducing the wage bill to around 50% or our income as opposed to the 106% it was at its highest.

The only way to do that is to sign players who don't command huge wages, that's what he's doing and it will take time / a few seasons of struggling around the bottom of the table.

i don't think our jam will seem quite so bad after the next few games and giving two of our most promising youngsters a run out in the legue cup against bradford is not going to hurt our league position either.

they don't have to start both legs! i did just say a run out!

The idea Makoun didn't turn up so we were forced to loan him is equally barmy.

he seems to blow hot and cold on Ireland, Bannan and KEA also

So your saying that Lambert and local media were lieing when they said they said they'd not seen Makoun for weeks. Lambert actually said he never met him.

As for blowing hot and cold, I'd regard it as squad rotation, something Lambert is very keen on.

The tenure of Alex McLeish was insufferable for supporters, but in the first 20 matches of last season, Villa scored seven more goals and conceded three fewer. They had scored more home goals and had more home victories. Even in the last twenty games of last season, seen by fans as the complete denigration of the club by McLeish, Villa scored as many goals as they have thus far under Lambert. Only Hartlepool (played five games more) have a worse goal difference in England, and no team has scored fewer goals at home.

Thought that was quite interesting from the article posted in the Lerner thread.

So even during a period where Mcleish was making us worse and we were becoming a worse team we still scored as many as we have done under lambert so far.

Out attack surely must be a priority to be fixed in January.

Edited by Big_John_10

I think you'll see a player from the Bundesliga arrive if the deal can be done.

Now I didn't join this forum to try and be a smart ass to try and be the man by giving signing information it was more a general view I was trying to put across but since you are such a little doubter I'll have a wee think and see if I can deliver you some exclusive information so you can tell your pals and look wonderful!

Don't be disrespectful!

You're doing it again! So we might or might not sign a player from the Bundersliga! You can't lose with a statement like that!

Name the club, or go one step further and state the player's name (and don't start with the tosh about not wanting to alert other teams to his availability! Don't worry - the player's have agents for that).

I can say I've heard some information that we will sign a player for over £10M if we can get a deal done. It's a no lose statement.

You must have forgotten to send me the information you mentioned.

Lamberts been tasked with reducing the wage bill to around 50% or our income as opposed to the 106% it was at its highest.

106% wages to turnover really? The accounts published for year ending May 2010 showed wages to turnover at 88%. This was the peak under O'Neill. What season does this 106% relate to?

Also where have you got this 50% of wages to turnover figure from? that is way too low to be anything like competitive.

Edited by markavfc40

Ever thought it isn't as easy as just coming on with every exact piece of information available. What I've tried to do is give some people an idea of the strategy, the fact the big money many thought/think is there quite simply isn't and a reason why certain things are being done.

It might not be mega exciting stuff but people were throwing around names of Premier League players Lambert should go for and I was simply saying that wouldn't happen. It will be foreign players who arrive. It that doesn't exactly float your boat then that's not my problem but I do, whether you agree or not, have a little information as to what is going on. I think you'll see a player from the Bundesliga arrive if the deal can be done.

Now I didn't join this forum to try and be a smart ass to try and be the man by giving signing information it was more a general view I was trying to put across but since you are such a little doubter I'll have a wee think and see if I can deliver you some exclusive information so you can tell your pals and look wonderful!

Don't be disrespectful!

You sound just like a former regular poster who now spams twitter with their pie in the sky BS

Was told by someone who had seen some information that Lamberts been asked to get wages down to £40 odd mill (can't remember exact) which I assume is around 50%, assume!

Sure I read in 10/11 our wages were about £85 mill or something

Edited by spiezels

Ever thought it isn't as easy as just coming on with every exact piece of information available. What I've tried to do is give some people an idea of the strategy, the fact the big money many thought/think is there quite simply isn't and a reason why certain things are being done.

It might not be mega exciting stuff but people were throwing around names of Premier League players Lambert should go for and I was simply saying that wouldn't happen. It will be foreign players who arrive. It that doesn't exactly float your boat then that's not my problem but I do, whether you agree or not, have a little information as to what is going on. I think you'll see a player from the Bundesliga arrive if the deal can be done.

Don't be disrespectful!

Respect is earned not demanded. As was pointed out you are a new by on here with no track record supposedly claiming to be it. Put up or shut up is what I think we want.

I wish we had a manager who would just assemble the best team for the current season. Since we started these long term plans or building for the future - the results have gone through the floor.

ok im exaggerating - but you get the point. Football is very much about the here and now - the only teams that spout off about the future are those who keep loosing !

• Like 1

I honestly believe our wage bill must be at the level we need it to be now, in 3 windows we've got off it

Cuellar

Beye

Young

L.young

Downing

Carew

Heskey

Nrc

Sidwel

Collins

Milner

Friedel

With the probable exits of Hutton, warnock and dunne in this window.

Given 60k

Dunne 55k

Warnock 40k

Hutton 35k

Ireland 70k

NZogbia 60k

Bent 90-100k (Yes. It is.)

This is why.

The journo's at the end of last season said Lerner wants us to have an average First 11 weekly wage of 36k (I believe, somewhere between 35-40k anyway). So, currently Ireland is taking up 2 players, as is Given and NZogbia and Bent almost 3 players worth of wages. Obviously it wont all equate to that but essentially that is how Randy is looking at it. We are paying these players 2-3 times as much as Randy wants to give starting 11 players.

Edited by HalfTimePost

With the probable exits of Hutton, warnock and dunne in this window.

Warnock and Dunne are out of contract in a few months so you would hope we are not so short term in our thinking that their wages are now having an effect on incoming transfers in this window.