Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

defence gets the ball, looks up, nothing on, trys the hoof, gives the ball away

defence gets the ball again, looks up, nothing on, passes it sideways or backwards and starts flailing their hands in the air

repeat repeat repeat

**** OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

What did Lambert honestly expect picking that midfield

Westwood and Bannan are **** weak as piss

We're playing 3 defenders and we still leave Cisse in acres of space for his goal, so whats the **** point?

Get Clark and Bannan off  for Holman and Gabby and go 442

imho the last hope for villa is back to 4-4-2 formation, clark and herd as DMCs and Dunne with Vlaar as CBs.

Not a bad shout in some respects but I'd still be very concerned about us not being able to create chances and hoofing the ball up to Benteke after lots of passing around in our own half.

Was also thinking of what else we could do with our current team.  Possibly Clark at left-back (keeps his height for set pieces, more solid than Bennett, decent on the ball although not particularly threatening going forwards) with Vlaar and Dunne in the middle and Lowton at right back.  El Ahmadi, Westwood/Delph and ideally a new signing in midfield, but failing that, Ireland.  Benteke up front, with N'Zogbia and Gabby swapping flanks, sticking wide to open up the pitch but coming inside when the full-backs push on.  All the same, I'd like to see some proper wingers out there to get balls in for Benteke, and in that line-up we don't have any.  Then again, there's only really Albrighton at the club who fits into this category (just one example of why we're so predictable, there).

Great goal from Cabaye, can't fault the players for that one, but Baker was playing the clown again for their first goal. Newcastle can go right through the middle, and up the wings, because none of the midfielders or wing backs are strong enough to deal with it. 

Tough luck on Zog hitting the woodwork, but this is men against boys.

Lambert doesn't know what to say when we're ahead by 2 goals at halftime, so wtf is he gonna say now?

It's over

I have seen the future.......................and ITS ****' BLEAK!

Please please please Lerner, give us our club back and disappear off into the West, hand in hand with your bumbling little yes-man.

Terrible formation. 

Terrible players. 

Our three best players are at the top end of the pitch waiting for any form of delivery.

Vlaar has improved our Central Defence by about 0.1%. 

Bannan makes my blood boil. 

WE MUST WIN THIS MATCH!  Even a draw and that's it for us, Championship. 

I **** HATE ASTON VILLA FC.

gonna be great being able to sign a midfielder to save us but only problem is that player cant earn more than 25k yipee. so lets get some league 1 quality into the team....

what a **** joke this club has become

I don't think Lambert can see what is going on in front of him. 1 team wants to win, the other is hoping it's full-time already.

I remember when we played at Newcastle earlier in the season - what I wouldn't give for some of that fight and energy now.