Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Very apprehensive about today. Spurs could easily do us on the counter with their wingers if we play 3-5-2.

We had been pretty steady going into last week, but the performance last week was the worst I have ever seen. I am all for playing youth, and am fully behind Lambert but the inexperience last week was transparent. We need to be in their faces from the off and play it into Benteke's feet with players getting in and around him. I would be tempted to bring Delph or KEA in at the expense of Bannon. No idea what to suggest about left back. Lichaj is very very average and Bennett for me is bloody useless (albeit judging a small number of games).

Would be much more confident to have Vlaar back and put Clark at left back.

Im going to say a very nervy 1-1 draw.

And Warnock didn't terrify you? At least with LIchaj and Bennett we know they're not going to try to head the ball majestically into their own net.

Oh he certainly did terrify me. But I'd still take him over those 2.

Anyway, I'm going to go 0-3. If I was going to be optimistic, then a very hard fought 2-1, but just can't see it

Theres no way we'll get anything today, put your house on it.

I admire the optimists here saying we'll win but you get it in every match thread. Quality will shine through again, as soon as we concede, more will follow. Dont have any confidence in our defence or midfield, brittle and feeble. They really did well though at Anfield, and the few games that preceeded it, but the 8-0 will leave them feeling very nervous today, something the yids attacking talent will exploit with relative ease..

Roll on january

I'm not expecting anything from this game, but at the very least we need to put in a good performance to pick ourselves up for the games ahead. We have 'winnable' (as nonsense a term as that is) games all the way through January against sides around us in the table, if we do well in those we can put some distance between ourselves and the bottom three.