Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

I think that Lambert is quite good tactically, but was found out against Chelsea. Most of our players on that day were absolutely awful, but there's certainly not a lack of effort and we've already seen that many of them do have genuine talent. I'm fully behind Lambert and the squad but don't expect anything out of today's game. I'd very much like us to actually compete though!

This is going to be brutal if you ask me. I think Chelsea game will have set us back quite a bit and facing another good, attacking team straight after a result like that is going to be very tough. 0-3

Edited by rjenkins

I think that Lambert is quite good tactically, but was found out against Chelsea. Most of our players on that day were absolutely awful, but there's certainly not a lack of effort and we've already seen that many of them do have genuine talent. I'm fully behind Lambert and the squad but don't expect anything out of today's game. I'd very much like us to actually compete though!

I think Lambert is terrible tactically. He sets the team up as he sees fit, if it works it works and if it doesn't **** it, i'll try something else next week seems to be his plan. Worst attack and worst defence in the league plus he has also used more players than anybody else in the league. It suggests to me he doesn't really know what his best team or formation is. His constant tinkering with line ups and formations isn't really paying off. It seems like luck/guesswork most of the time he gets a result.

Edited by KHV

I think Lambert is terrible tactically. He sets the team up as he sees fit, if it works it works and if it doesn't **** it, i'll try something else next week seems to be his plan. Worst attack and worst defence in the league plus he has also used more players than anybody else in the league. It suggests to me he doesn't really know what his best team or formation is. His constant tinkering with line ups and formations isn't really paying off. It seems like luck/guesswork most of the time he gets a result.

I've found Lambert to be frustrating at times as well I have to admit, but he doesn't have a huge amount to work with looking at our squad. I don't blame him for tinkering, because I have no idea what our best side is either. I do think we have about 5 or 6 genuinely good players and the rest are fairly good or worse. Guzan, Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood, Ireland and Benteke are the only ones I really rate.

Don't forget Bent, Agbonlahor, Baker, Clark. Good spine.

In fairness I've seen Clark and Baker have good games this season and last. I do think Gabby is on the wane though and I don't expect Bent to be here much longer.