Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Agree CI. Lichaj is atrocious at defending against any player who is above average. Bring in Bennett, he suits our ball playing style more. We desperately miss Vlaar.

I fear for us here. Oh and still haven't forgiven that cheating chimp lookalike Bale for his outrageous dive at their place this year.

Agreed

I think there is a lot more wrong with this team than Lichaj. Things didnt exectly get any better with Bennett when he came on. Hopefully we dont get another battering on boxing day however I can see spurs winning by 3

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

Aston Villa v Tottenham (17:30 GMT)

What Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert needs is a reaction from his players after the 8-0 loss at Chelsea.

That doesn't mean they have to win but they need to show a reaction because they looked like Rag, Tag and Bobtail at Stamford Bridge.

That's the risk you run sometimes when you play a load of young players and Lambert knows that.

The thing about young players is that they will turn up at the training ground the following day and after about half an hour they will be bouncy again.

The thing about Villa and their supporters is that they get what Lambert is trying to do. As long as they stay in the league that is all that matters.

Tottenham came up against a very mean Stoke defence in a goalless draw at home. They will thinking they have lost two points but will look at Villa and think, after their clattering, they can go there and win.

But it won't be that easy. I just think we will see a vastly improved Aston Villa who will have a real go.

Tottenham are a good side but I think they will struggle to finish in the Champions League places. They just tend to disappoint a little bit.

Prediction: Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions

Going the game and going have few pints before just to make sure I can bare it if we do get another Chelsea style battering again :( Going go for a 1-1 draw, but Bale and Lennon will destroy our full backs (wing-backs) Lichaj will be murdered by Bale and Lowton just doesn't have the pace to keep up with Lennon, Defoe will score per usual past us.