U.S. Politics

maqroll

Is this a spin doctor in a white coat?

"Has he been on oxygen", "He's not on oxygen right now"

"Has he been on oxygen yesterday or today", "He's not on oxygen", with a wry smile.

He's also not willing to go in to quite a few things. He's had a bloody good briefing to ensure he says nothing other than positive things. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Whenever I feel good and my doctor is impressed with how good my health is I go to hospital for a few days via air ambulance.

To be fair, of course he's going by air. I've seen dozens of people claiming it must be serious because he went by helicopter. That's just the safest way to transport the president.

The secret service will, if at all possible, avoid travelling by road unless the entire route has been secured. Travelling by air is standard operating procedure, it's significantly safer for the president and his team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be fair, of course he's going by air. I've seen dozens of people claiming it must be serious because he went by helicopter. That's just the safest way to transport the president.

The secret service will, if at all possible, avoid travelling by road unless the entire route has been secured. Travelling by air is standard operating procedure, it's significantly safer for the president and his team.

Apart from when he walks to a closed church in the middle of riot 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apart from when he walks to a closed church in the middle of riot 😂

Well, I'm not going to argue that was a good idea, but the hospital isn't exactly walking distance.

It may be serious, it may not, but the USSS will typically prefer air to road as it's far harder to target. If the president is travelling by car, they need a convoy with decoy vehicles and will want to secure the entire route, so at short notice, air is almost always the first option. It's no indication of the seriousness of the illness.

It has nothing to do with Trump, it's just risk mitigation from the secret service.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Trump not being entirely honest shocker

Link to bbc ticker

One would imagine the purpose of the White House medical team’s Saturday morning press conference was to reassure the public that the president is doing well and that the nation’s top medical experts are on top of the situation.

Instead, they created more confusion.

Sean Conley, the president’s physician, said Trump was diagnosed “72 hours ago” – which would be Wednesday morning. That’s before the president travelled to Minnesota for a campaign rally that night, before he flew to New Jersey for a fund-raiser on Thursday and more than 36 hours before the president revealed his coronavirus diagnosis to the world in a late-night tweet.

The timeline is further muddied by the revelation that the president was given an antiviral treatment sometime on Thursday – also before his announcement

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I'm not going to argue that was a good idea, but the hospital isn't exactly walking distance.

It may be serious, it may not, but the USSS will typically prefer air to road as it's far harder to target. If the president is travelling by car, they need a convoy with decoy vehicles and will want to secure the entire route, so at short notice, air is almost always the first option. It's no indication of the seriousness of the illness.

It has nothing to do with Trump, it's just risk mitigation from the secret service.

Serious question, I don't know the answer. How did he travel to hospital the other month when he went in? I was fairly sure he went ny road but can't find an article now

Â