U.S. Politics

maqroll

This is nothing compared to the shitshow if Trump loses the election and has 2 months in power knowing he's backed in to a corner and almost certainly going to prison.

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

I wonder what odds the bookies would have given me 5yrs ago on Trump and Johnson leading Britain and US respectively?

I’m not religious but you have to think if there is somebody upstairs, they are either having a bit of fun at our expense at the moment or completely drunk out of their mind.

Trump calling for "MAGA Night" tonight outside the White House. This is a direct call to his gun grudge people in Virginia to come in to the city to shoot protesters

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Trump calling for "MAGA Night" tonight outside the White House. This is a direct call to his gun grudge people in Virginia to come in to the city to shoot protesters

Is there really nobody left in the White House that can control him even slightly?  I know there have been plenty of morons involved along the way but I had the impression there was the odd sensible, experienced person in there.  I've run out of words to describe him, it's amazing that the human race hasn't evolved to the point where complete nutcases don't get ridiculous amounts of power.  The world just seems to be making the same mistakes all over again but with 21st century technology making it even worse.  God I hope he gets booted out in November.

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Are these people 'protesters' or rioters. Although I'm sure they have good reason to be very angry, what is happening over there is insurrection now.

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Tonight could get very nasty!

21 hours ago, nick76 said:

He’s really struggling now, so out of his depth and his usual tactics are so well known and used so often that nobody falls for them anymore apart from the dwindling Trump base.

Is that true though? I hope to god it is because the World desperately needs Trump gone. 

America is utterly dysfunctional and the people are reaping what they sowed. 

The people there are absolutely batshit crazy.  His mental (and I don't use that word lightly) behaviour should see his approval ratings through the floor, but he is still very much in the running.  Biden is not smashing him.

How can any sane, rational person look at how he conducts himself and the actions he takes and think he's still basically OK? 

I really hope his support is crumbling but him losing doesn't seem set in stone right now. 

Edited by sidcow

33 minutes ago, veloman said:

Are these people 'protesters' or rioters. Although I'm sure they have good reason to be very angry, what is happening over there is insurrection now.

Good!

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is that true though? I hope to god it is because the World desperately needs Trump gone. 

America is utterly dysfunctional and the people are reaping what they sowed. 

The people there are absolutely batshit crazy.  His mental (and I don't use that word lightly) behaviour should see his approval ratings through the floor, but he is still very much in the running.  Biden is not smashing him.

How can any sane, rational person look at how he conducts himself and the actions he takes and think he's still basically OK? 

I really hope his support is crumbling but him losing doesn't seem set in stone right now. 

It's like George Conway and Rick Wilson talk about from the Lincoln Project.  He has a solid core base that will not leave him ever but there are small fringes around that base.  Conway and Wilson mention frequently it's not about the core base but just the 1% or 2% around the edges to focus on and they are getting fed up with Trump.  Obviously still need a strong Dem turnout but that seems inevitable now.  Then the independents are always going to swing races but seem to be leaning away from Trump at the moment.  If Biden can keep away from trouble and Trump keeps creating problems for himself up until the election then there is a stronger chance of Trump losing.  Hence why Trump wants big opportunities now more than ever because he knows he's in a battle for his job, and is not happy that a G7 photo opportunity at Camp David at the end of June looks to be falling away from his grasp as Merkel has declined his invitation citing the Pandemic.  Trump wanted this photo op to show the world is past the worst of the Pandemic and show his leadership of world leaders, despite that not being true but his base will believe it.

It wouldnt surprise me if Trump pulls it out of the bag and wins re-election though!  America is bonkers at the moment and so his re-election would just continue the norm to be honest but indicators seem to indicate he is struggling to get re-elected but we still have just over 5 months to go so anything can happen.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

A quick scroll through the responses to Trump’s latest posts about bringing in the military and there are some seriously worrying types coming out of the woodwork:

There are plenty more...

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A quick scroll through the responses to Trump’s latest posts about bringing in the military and there are some seriously worrying types coming out of the woodwork:

I honestly thought that was a piss-take, but no, checking the account it seems like the real thing.

2 hours ago, av1 said:

I wonder what odds the bookies would have given me 5yrs ago on Trump and Johnson leading Britain and US respectively?

I remember my wife actually made a joke about that at the time. Oh how we laughed. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

There are plenty more...

These people have lived their entire lives waiting for a moment like this. When they get the chance it's going to be very ugly. This is why I think everyone in the States should be armed, because when it comes down to this you don't want one side having all the guns and you just having your morals.

46 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

One of the journalists reporting on the riots, shot by a police robber bullet...

Shot for staying back and peacefully reporting on what was going on.

The American police are a disgusting, corrupt, violent bunch of words removed.

I don't know how that problem can possibly be solved at this point.

Â