U.S. Politics

maqroll

I think manslaughter is essentially correct. It was definitely 'unreasonable force', but I suspect the difference is between "I'm now going to kill this mofo" and "I'm going to hurt him a lot, there's a slight chance he might die, but if so, too bad". 

He should definitely go to jail, either way. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I think manslaughter is essentially correct. It was definitely 'unreasonable force', but I suspect the difference is between "I'm now going to kill this mofo" and "I'm going to hurt him a lot, there's a slight chance he might die, but if so, too bad". 

He should definitely go to jail, either way. 

There are suggestions that the 2 know each other from a previous job working security at a nightclub, so I wouldn't rule out premediation tbh. I don't know the difference in severity legally between 1st degree murder and manslaughter but from a human perspective there's really not that much in it. He casually snuffed out a man's life in broad daylight. 12 years minimum. The Somali cop who accidentally killed the woman a couple of years back got 12 years, I think it was in Minnesota as well.

And in other news.

Trump says the U.S. will cut ties with World Health Organization

President Donald Trump announced Friday that the United States will cut ties with the World Health Organization.

“China has total control over the World Health Organization despite only paying $40 million per year compared to what the United States has been paying, which is approximately $450 million a year,” Trump said during a press conference.

Earlier this month, Trump threatened to permanently cut off U.S. funding of the WHO. In a letter, he said that if the WHO “does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization.”

On Friday, Trump said WHO “failed to make the requested a greatly needed reform” and the U.S. “will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs.”

The WHO’s funding runs in two-year budget cycles. For the 2018 and 2019 funding cycle, the U.S. paid a $237 million required assessment as well as $656 million in voluntary contributions, averaging $446 million a year and representing about 14.67% of its total budget, according to WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/29/trump-says-the-us-will-cut-ties-with-world-health-organization.html

1 hour ago, sne said:

The problem is he’s tried the misdirection tactic so many times that people just ignore what he says.  I watched that press conference and all I was interested was the questions afterwards about the police killings and/or mourning of the 100k deaths but no he walked off.  

He’s really struggling now, so out of his depth and his usual tactics are so well known and used so often that nobody falls for them anymore apart from the dwindling Trump base.

The White House is in a security lockdown as protesters are apparently making things very uncomfortable for Trump, but you won't see it on CNN

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Louisville

:(

Tough guys. So many small dicked cops in America. Big guns that they love to play with. Gets out the anger that they can't **** their wives properly

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Louisville

:(

This is literally what US gun rights are for isn't it? The government and the people seem to be at war, I don't see how this resolves itself.

1 dead after shots fired at protesters in Detroit

One person was killed in downtown Detroit after someone in an SUV fired shots into a crowd of people protesting George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis custody, a Detroit police spokeswoman said Saturday.

The shooting occurred about 11:30 p.m. on Friday near Detroit’s Greektown entertainment district as officers were confronted with dozens of protesters, said Sgt. Nicole Kirkwood, a police department spokeswoman. She said an officer wasn’t involved in the shooting.

Sgt. Kirkwood said the victim was a 19-year-old man, who was pronounced dead at the hospital. The suspect pulled up in a Dodge Durango and fired shots into the crowd, she said.

No details about the victim or the person who fired the shot or shots were immediately available, Sgt. Kirkwood said.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/police-1-dead-after-shots-fired-at-protesters-in-detroit/article31708634.ece

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Trump told his ground troops to start shooting. This killing is on Trump, personally.

His whole presidency and the campaign before that has been working towards something like this.

Divisive, hateful and confrontational.

Who knows, maybe their final hail Mary is to create enough unrest so that a state of emergency is in place and the election is moved or cancelled. Full on Gilead.

Probably not but still.

Edited by sne

Â