U.S. Politics

maqroll

11 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Here’s a smarmy tweet from Matthew Dowd, who was a strategist for former President George W. Bush and who now serves as a political analyst for ABC News: 

View image on Twitter

The tweet is referencing the White House’s decision to return its flag to full staff just two days after the death of Sen. John McCain (it would later take the flag back to half staff). The flag business had set off a great pious harrumphing among establishment types, liberal and conservative alike. Jake Tapper alone did so much garment-rending that for a minute I thought he’d have to host today’s show wearing nothing but a big yellow ribbon over his crotch.

And here was Dowd’s contribution to the discourse: a photo probably pulled off Google Images, where a version of it has been indexed via the website of South Carolina state Rep. Bill Hixon. It’s not hard to see why Dowd chose this particular shot. It hits all the proper elegiac notes: the flag, the soldier, the salute, the dying sun of some alien desert.

But the thing about this photo is that it’s a fake. The original was photoshopped to drop the flag to half staff.

Entire story here:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pious-crap-george-w-bush-john-mccain_us_5b843e14e4b0cd327dfee3a1

I don't give a shit about McCain or D.C. protocol, but it's just another own goal by Trump, another rallying point for his enemies to channel their hatred. it will only hasten his demise.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The US continues to plan a pathway to peace.*

*Eight lanes; through the middle of your house, get out of the way or die.

As long as BAE get the tarmac contract it's all good.

• Like 2

On 29/08/2018 at 11:25, Keyblade said:

Uh wow

Turns out he is also an Admin of a facebook hate group that regularly spouts racist remarks against jews, muslims, and black people. 

I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue though...

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The absolute state of this. What chance does critical thinking have in a world like this:

The angels were crying.  Interesting interpretation.   I saw it more as Satan pissing.

• Haha 1

Â