U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Every day this bell end manages to outdo himself.

They were speculating earlier on US TV about whether Trump would break cover on the Roseanne Story, most figured even Trump wasn't that stupid... guess they were wrong

He seems to have so far managed to avoid specifically defending the comments. I think 'waaah, they're always so mean to me, why haven't I received an apology, waaah' isn't actually a new message from him and is probably him taking the 'safe' angle here. 

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He seems to have so far managed to avoid specifically defending the comments. I think 'waaah, they're always so mean to me, why haven't I received an apology, waaah' isn't actually a new message from him and is probably him taking the 'safe' angle here. 

Still, the false equivalency of saying mean things and being outright racist to someone is still a painfully dumb one to make.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

He has picked sides in the culture war and hes exacerbating the divide. Truly odious human being.

And Pooty-Poot is just sitting back and smiling...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

One of the better corporate attempts at humour.

That said, Ambien side effects can include sleep driving!

Sleep driving!

No excuse for Rosanne, she has been saying racist stuff for years, but it does look like  Ambien can seriously mess you up.

Beeb:

The US is to impose tariffs on steel and aluminium imports from allies in Europe and North America.

The US said a 25% tax on steel and 10% tax on aluminium from the EU, Mexico and Canada will start at midnight.

The move immediately triggered vows of retaliation from Mexico and the EU, which called the tariffs "protectionism, pure and simple".

The UK said it was "deeply disappointed" by the US decision, which followed weeks of negotiations.

EU trade commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom said it was a "bad day for world trade", while European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker said the move was "totally unacceptable.

The EU had "no choice" but to bring a case before the World Trade Organization and impose duties on US imports, he added.

Europe had previously outlined a list of items, including US bourbon, cranberries and jeans, as potential targets for retaliation.

Mexico's Economy Ministry said it would place tariffs on items such as steel, pork legs and shoulders, apples, grapes, blueberries and cheese.

...more on link

These tariffs are strangely timed and poorly aimed - in his efforts to protect his sponsors in US manufacturing and metals Trump is continuing to isolate the US as a trade object - his entire strategy seems to be based on the idea that the US is saying to the world, this is how it's going to be, you'll pay and lets see if anyone has the balls to stand up to us. That's not a great way forward.

The problem with all these tariffs is they don't make sense at the time. If trump wants to revitalise the American steel industry, that is fine! Problem is the steel industry is no where near ready to be competing at a global level and needs time to get itself to a position where it can sustain what America needs.

This is the equivalent of buying a horse, betting on that horse, and expecting it to win a race without any formal training. 

Â