U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, villakram said:

This is all a game folks... Mueller is fishing, pretty the same tactic as the republicans used regarding the whole Benghazi thing. This is more an old boot than a fish.

LOL with the likes of Flynn & Gates flipped and now probably Cohen flipped too this is the exact opposite of fishing

Mueller probably doesn't really need Trump to testify, the interview with Trump is more of a box ticking exercise than an attempt to gather real hard evidence and if he pleads the fifth, it only looks worse for Trump

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

LOL with the likes of Flynn & Gates flipped and now probably Cohen flipped too this is the exact opposite of fishing

Mueller probably doesn't really need Trump to testify, the interview with Trump is more of a box ticking exercise than an attempt to gather real hard evidence and if he pleads the fifth, it only looks worse for Trump

It has now been released that the FBI were tapping Cohen and intercepted at least a single call with the WH.

Flynn was got based on wiretaps and entrapped. How were these taps authorized, evidence points to the FISA process. 

National security state > Democracy.

This is not a healthy state of affairs.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

When he was mayor, he at least put up the pretense that he was part of polite society.

I saw an ironic tweet which said (paraphrasing.)

Giulianni's best day ever was the worst day ever for the US.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

It has now been released that the FBI were tapping Cohen and intercepted at least a single call with the WH.

Flynn was got based on wiretaps and entrapped. How were these taps authorized, evidence points to the FISA process. 

You do realise the investigation is about the degree to which the Trump Campaign and Trump himself knew about the Russian cyber warfare attack on your country during the democratic process of electing your leader. That's Russia, probably the biggest threat to Western Democracy right now, not just the USA but every Western Democracy. Your logic makes no sense

I also don't think it likely that a defence of entrapment can come from covertly recording a recording a conversation between two individuals not involved in the investigation. That bit is pure nonsense. Like @TheAuthority says, right out of Info Wars

• Like 1

I like the description "some of the oligarchs involved in rigging the US election were Russian" rather than the idea of big bad Russia trying to harm Utah Bob and his second hand truck.

If I were a Russian oligarch I'd be involved too, this would be my investments, the financial markets I'm involved with, the regulation of banking and industry that affects me - the sad state of US democracy is that the US election is probably more relevant to a Russian oligarch than it is to the average American voter. Government for the few will always attract more of the few - throwing out the Russians isn't solving the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

I see, so Trump’s corruption is fine but the government agency uncovering it is not healthy for the country?

That kind of logic could only come from a full blown ideologue.  

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

People speculating today that Rudy blurted this out because Cohen's already flipped and told Mueller about it, so he was trying to "get ahead" of the story. Looks bad from any angle. He's admitted Trump lied about the payoff, which violates campaign finance laws. He admitted to the offense which in and of itself is/can be an article of impeachment.

That was my thinking as soon as I heard about Rudy's interview, except that I don't necessarily think Cohen's flipped.   I think they just realized that between the raid and wiretap there's bound to be evidence that Cohen was repaid so they'd better come out now and frame it as a personal thing rather than a campaign thing.  Kellyanne Conway's husband tweeted the relevant part of the regulation, however, and it doesn't look like it matters whether Trump repaid him with personal funds.  If the hush money helped his cause in the campaign it can be interpreted as a campaign contribution, regardless of whether or how Trump repaid it.

I find it amusing that Rudy and Trump expect us to believe that a notorious tightwad would just have a $35,000/month retainer for an attorney to just "fix stuff" without ever wanting to know when he'd spent $100K+ to pay off a "false accuser".   Sounds logical for the man who supposedly refuses to ever settle a lawsuit.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I see, so Trump’s corruption is fine but the government agency uncovering it is not healthy for the country?

That kind of logic could only come from a full blown ideologue.  

Where did I write that? Stop projecting please.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

You do realise the investigation is about the degree to which the Trump Campaign and Trump himself knew about the Russian cyber warfare attack on your country during the democratic process of electing your leader. That's Russia, probably the biggest threat to Western Democracy right now, not just the USA but every Western Democracy. Your logic makes no sense

I also don't think it likely that a defence of entrapment can come from covertly recording a recording a conversation between two individuals not involved in the investigation. That bit is pure nonsense. Like @TheAuthority says, right out of Info Wars

Well if it helps, NBC has now issued a full retraction. One would laugh if it were the first time.

This Russian collusion thing is interesting. Zero evidence in the public domain supporting this, in spite of every single thing being leaked. 

"Western democracy" Have your self a nice bowl of freedom for breakfast do you? Also could you please define what you believe this precious thing is, because I for one see plenty of things that one would not claim to be democratic occurring.

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I guess you missed @bickster 's post above.

In order to get a FISA warrant you have to go to Federal judge and present hard evidence as to why you need a wiretap/search warrant.

It seems you are suggesting that Federal judges are part of the "Deep State" :rolleyes: and choose to overlook the need for evidence in issuing FISA warrants. That is the realm of Alex Jones/Infowars tinfoil hat wearing land.

Why do you have to keep going with the Russian troll/tinfoil hat/conspiracy theory ad hominem. How does that help the discussion?

Per the Snowden leaks, we know that the FISA court is anything but accountable. Plenty of bleating about democracy, but Trump was elected. None of the judges or FBI officials were. Therefore, we should have concern that all of their actions are above board and without political motivation, because they have a long and distinguished record of outright lying too. It's not just Trump.

Yes, sure that is just the republicans trying to muddy the water. Well, what is the Russia collusion story. It's not even reported as alleged anymore in many heralded establishments!

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 01:54, Demitri_C said:

I'm not a trump fan at all, but you do have to give him so  credit towards the Korea peace. I never thought I would see the day.

If this was Obama there would be almighty wankfest

He really doesn't deserve any credit.

A month ago, a group of South Korean reps approached the WH, advising Trump that ManBearPig was open to negotiations. A month later, there is no acknowledgement or even a sliver of a kudos to the South Koreans for opening up dialogue between the two imbeciles. If it wasn't for them, ManBearPig and Wishnik Troll would still be having their dick measuring contest, with Stormy Daniels flying into Pyeongyang as celebrity judge and final adjudicator.

Some are even saying Trump should get the Nobel Peace prize. I have mixed emotions about that. I find it both hilarious and nauseating at the same time.

• Like 3

He is a very interesting candidate. He has recently finished a one year prison sentence for, let me see, 'conspiring to willfully violate mine safety and health standards' after an explosion at a mine called Upper Big Branch killed 29 people. He also paid to have water re-routed from a nearby town to his home, after a coal slurry injection by his own company contaminated the water supply, usefully neglecting to mention to any of his neighbours that there was a problem. 

There has only been one poll released of the West Virginia GOP primary, and he was polling at 16%, which might not sound great but was only around ten points behind the leader. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He is a very interesting candidate. He has recently finished a one year prison sentence for, let me see, 'conspiring to willfully violate mine safety and health standards' after an explosion at a mine called Upper Big Branch killed 29 people. He also paid to have water re-routed from a nearby town to his home, after a coal slurry injection by his own company contaminated the water supply, usefully neglecting to mention to any of his neighbours that there was a problem.

He sounds like the character from westerns whose henchmen the townsfolk hire a flawed but ultimately heroic gunslinger to take a stand against.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Take a look at one of the current candidates for a senate(?) position in West Virginia. At first, I thought it was a hoax but apparently not. 

He has strong arms and wants us to think of the kids. Gets my vote. 

• Like 1

Â