U.S. Politics

maqroll

35 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think the result was a forgone conclusion. No need to go out in -35 weather when you know Trump will walk it regardless. 

Yeah even taken that into consideration, locals still expected a bigger turnout.  Doesn’t mean much of course at this stage but interesting nonetheless.

Can we stop pretending now that Republicans aren't part of a cult, and are not all in for that dangerous cretin Trump?

• Like 4

Is there something we are not being told here? I don’t mean to go all conspiracy theorist, but everything we see or hear about Trump, he’s a crook, a cretin, a fascist. But he got 51% of the vote. Yes, low turnout and bad weather and republican only voting. But that was the case for every candidate, and he managed a record result.

It feels like my media tell me he’s a dangerous idiot, then he wins. Why are people voting for a dangerous idiot? Why is that better than any alternative from his own party, and potentially, better than any alternative from any party?

He has the smell of Brexit about him. ‘Everyone’ agrees it’s an idea so dumb it’s only worthy of ridicule. Yet here we are.

More so this time than last time they voted for him. Last time, they might have been conned. This time, they really do know what they’ll be getting, and he’s looking like they’ll vote him in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Is there something we are not being told here? I don’t mean to go all conspiracy theorist, but everything we see or hear about Trump, he’s a crook, a cretin, a fascist. But he got 51% of the vote. Yes, low turnout and bad weather and republican only voting. But that was the case for every candidate, and he managed a record result.

It feels like my media tell me he’s a dangerous idiot, then he wins. Why are people voting for a dangerous idiot? Why is that better than any alternative from his own party, and potentially, better than any alternative from any party?

He has the smell of Brexit about him. ‘Everyone’ agrees it’s an idea so dumb it’s only worthy of ridicule. Yet here we are.

More so this time than last time they voted for him. Last time, they might have been conned. This time, they really do know what they’ll be getting, and he’s looking like they’ll vote him in.

He's telling his base that the economy is bad when in fact it’s the exact opposite of that. That’s one reason. 

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Magnets work underwater. Tell your friends.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There is whole world of media we don't see. These people have a different view of the world and there is many millions of them.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's telling his base that the economy is bad when in fact it’s the exact opposite of that. That’s one reason. 

He told everyone he'd fix the economy and make them rich. He then oversaw the third biggest national debt increase in history. This happened prior to the pandemic, and didn't include any wars or civil wars, which the number 1 and 2 incumbents on that list had to deal with. He did that through tax cuts which made it feel to the punter like the economy was doing well, but it was and is in the shitter. 

He did the same with every facet of government, resulting in decade long problems that he will and has blamed the opposition for. 

Like he did with his own businesses, when he'd not pay subcontractors, and no one would work for him.

His handling of Israel in 2020 was a **** disaster, that destabilised the whole region. 

He also nearly started a war with China in the first few months of office, and wrecked multilateral approaches to deal with climate change that still haunts the debate today.

Oh and that's not including whatever the f*** Putin has over him, which when he gets elected will doom the Ukraine and may lead to all out war in Europe.

He's. A. F***ing. Conman.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He told everyone he'd fix the economy and make them rich. He then oversaw the third biggest national debt increase in history. This happened prior to the pandemic, and didn't include any wars or civil wars, which the number 1 and 2 incumbents on that list had to deal with. He did that through tax cuts which made it feel to the punter like the economy was doing well, but it was and is in the shitter. 

He did the same with every facet of government, resulting in decade long problems that he will and has blamed the opposition for. 

Like he did with his own businesses, when he'd not pay subcontractors, and no one would work for him.

His handling of Israel in 2020 was a **** disaster, that destabilised the whole region. 

He also nearly started a war with China in the first few months of office, and wrecked multilateral approaches to deal with climate change that still haunts the debate today.

Oh and that's not including whatever the f*** Putin has over him, which when he gets elected will doom the Ukraine and may lead to all out war in Europe.

He's. A. F***ing. Conman.

Oh yeah, and there was the whole nearly destroying democracy insurrection thing.

I can certainly see why the hardcore Republicans that vote in primaries want to vote for Trump. 

As for the polls that suggest he’ll win the election, I think it’s hard to disentangle the effect of Biden being a relatively weak candidate from people being specifically pro-Trump.

Certainly the pro-Trumpers you see online seem to love him because he’s a master at making the establishment lose its mind (or just “owning the libs”).

38 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Is Trump just a natural fascist or had he been trained in it?

I suspect he's a bit dim, a sociopath and narcissist and surrounded by fascists.  They get what they need from each other and I truly hope the undecided voters aren't stupid enough to decide to go for Trump in the election.  

• Like 2

Registering our son as a British citizen this month. We want to make sure he's got at least one other option. I'm disgusted with my country's deep stupidity. I don't even blame Trump. There will always be malefactors ready to take advantage. It's his ignorant, selfish ordinary supporters who fuel it. 

I'm a dual national, and I love both my countries, but every time Trump gets a vote, it's pissing all over the memories of the hundreds of thousands of young people who perished in the last century to preserve democracy and human rights. It's sickening to me that any American could be stupid enough and so historically clueless, as well as callous, to see Trump and Trumpism as a legitimate equivalency with Joe Biden or indeed with any sane politician of goodwill of any party. The man is an existential threat to peace, a threat to human rights around world, and a threat to the economy. But it's his ordinary supporters who are doing this. He's merely the agent of their banal evil.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

Sleepy Joe versus Insurrection Trump. It really is a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. 

It's takes like this that are a massive part of the problem. 

People also said all politicians were the same when Boris was being criticised. 

They're not. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I suspect he's a bit dim, a sociopath and narcissist and surrounded by fascists.  

A bit? That's the understatement of the year. 

Â