U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, AXD said:
3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

It seems the democrats are actually pondering if they should run someone else now.

At this point, anyone with even a slight cognitive skill could slaughter Trump and Biden in a debate, they're both so far off it that it's crazy.

Hoping for Haley in New Hampshire, and that someone with in the dems actually starts their campaign there.

Expand  

Interesting hypothesis: what if Haley wins? I think she could beat Biden as moderate republicans can accept her and far left dems would be less motivated to vote because the alternative is not Trump. Extreme republicans would vote for her to own the libs. (Unless Trump tells them not to)

it would also be curious to see the future of the GOP, as president Haley would become the leader of the party. Would she be able to bring back some common sense? I know she is more establishment, but would she be able to bring the maga crowd back to reality.

Haley isn’t going to win NH, nobody is going to be able to mount a serious challenge to Biden.  Neither Trump or Biden will debate anybody in their party.  It’s all great hopes but imo zero chance of it not being a Biden vs Trump.

6 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Qasem Soleimani was assassinated in Jan 2020, eleven months before Biden came to power. As you say, this was an action that nearly bought about war after scrapping a peace deal with no fallback option. I'd call that pretty dangerous.

You'll have to forgive me for not fact checking the rest since that was a pretty well know Trump administration action.

yeah Bickster already pointed out the assassination date error out to me .. not sure why I was so far out with my timeline on that  , a strike like that doesn't even sound like something  Biden would have authorised so that should have given me a hint !! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Haley isn’t going to win NH, nobody is going to be able to mount a serious challenge to Biden.  Neither Trump or Biden will debate anybody in their party.  It’s all great hopes but imo zero chance of it not being a Biden vs Trump.

At the rate this is going Biden seems more and more likely to have to step down. After that Trump has to attend debates against whoever comes next, and if that isn't someone who's 100 years old with a speech impediment they should be able to show Trump's fan base that Donald is getting as bad as Biden.

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

At the rate this is going Biden seems more and more likely to have to step down.

I don’t see this at all, he’ll be more than enough for the election.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

After that Trump has to attend debates against whoever comes next, and if that isn't someone who's 100 years old with a speech impediment they should be able to show Trump's fan base that Donald is getting as bad as Biden.

Trump seems to struggling and fading much faster than Biden.  Trump’s isn’t just a speech impediment, he’s fading fast in his dementia.

8 hours ago, magnkarl said:

It seems the democrats are actually pondering if they should run someone else now.

At this point, anyone with even a slight cognitive skill could slaughter Trump and Biden in a debate, they're both so far off it that it's crazy.

Hoping for Haley in New Hampshire, and that someone with in the dems actually starts their campaign there.

Biden is very unpopular over here, he just so happens to be running against someone who is even more unpopular.

He (Biden) isn't even on the New Hampshire primary due to Democratic party shenanigans..... I would be interested to see if Dean Phillips gets more than 30% of the vote. 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Eh? What Democratic primary?

I heard them mentioned on the Americast (BBC) and I was puzzled. Seems like they are just a paper exercise and don't really count for anything, not that they get any real coverage in the media.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Eh? What Democratic primary?

It's a convoluted mess, but New Hampshire - by its own state laws -- has the first primary in the country. There is technically both a Democratic & Republican primary today. 

When New Hampshire Democrats head to the polls on Tuesday, President Joe Biden's name won't be listed on their ballots.

That's the biggest indication of how little the primary, technically, will matter to the Democrats' nominating process.

Instead, a highly unusual competition is playing out in the state where Democrats either hope to show up for Biden via a write-in campaign, back one of his two long shot challengers or show that he was wrong to spurn the small Northeastern state that has gone first on the calendar for decades.

The conflict -- and, to some, confusion -- began when the Democratic National Committee shook up its 2024 presidential nominating calendar, selecting South Carolina as the first-in-the-nation primary, a move backed by Biden but contrary to state law, which New Hampshire officials, led by Republicans, declined to change.

This rendered Tuesday's contest non-compliant with the national party's rules and led the DNC to call the primary "meaningless."

Biden declined to put his name on the ballot and no delegates to earn the Democratic nomination, which are usually won based on voters' preferences in each primary or caucus, will be awarded based on Tuesday's results.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bidens-ballot-new-hampshires-primary-dems-win/story?id=1065681

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Biden is very unpopular over here, he just so happens to be running against someone who is even more unpopular.

He (Biden) isn't even on the New Hampshire primary due to Democratic party shenanigans..... I would be interested to see if Dean Phillips gets more than 30% of the vote. 

That most recent speech by Trump sure is special ‘we must put in strong protections against banks so they can’t debank you, it’s all about debanking you for your beliefs and electric cars, err where was I..’

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is the real reason he is skipping the debates, he’ll fall apart.

Both Biden and Trump seem to be going through different types of Dementia.  

I know there are over 100 different types of dementia and they progress at different rates and affect in different ways.  

I first clocked it on Trump when he was in office and kept saying ‘Oranges’ instead of ‘Origins’, obviously this could’ve just been a speech impediment but I kept watching since then and it’s expanded to affect other things he does as we now are seeing and it’s progressing quickly.  

Him boasting about ace-ings the Cognitive test wasnt the boast he thinks it is as the fact he’s done it more than once means professionals are involved because you don’t take that test in just any annual review.

And on the Republican Shamirary note - Trump will crush Haley in NH.

All of this other conjecture has always just been a bit for the news to keep it somewhat 'interesting.'

The Republican die hards want Trump present, Trump past, and Trump future.

The trend is much more damaging for Trump than I think he realises. These numbers likely means that Biden (or whoever steps in if he quits) will sweep NH, and now we're on to Haley's home state. She might cause enough momentum to actually make her a threat to Donald, and the longer she stays in the race the more she can tell her own party voters that Trump is old, demented and unfit for another term. Most outlets had Haley at 30% in NH, she's massively over-performed. Hopefully it's an indication that at least some of the GOP wants a move away from megalomania and back to normal republicanism.

Â