U.S. Politics

maqroll

And in part 2 of today's episode of "USA: The Collapse of an Empire," the 2nd of former Presidents Trump's lawyers has pleaded guilty and struck a plea deal in the Georgia election subversion case.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67174576

A former lawyer to Donald Trump has pleaded guilty in an election subversion case in the US state of Georgia.

Kenneth Chesebro is the third of 19 co-defendants to plead guilty in a deal with Fulton County prosecutors.

No surprise, another one falls…

It’s a plea deal on a felony charge as well which is interesting, not a lower level charge(s) so it’s significant…not from a punishment point of view as that has been agreed as part of the deal but at the criminal level recorded.

The walls are closing in on Trump as all these defendants take guilty plea agreements and agree to testify in future proceedings.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is any of this actually likely to take him down?

That’s the unknown!

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

He seems to have people all over the shop testifying against him but nothing ever seems to happen. 

It’s still early days following the indictments with the trials still to come.  These things take time and Trump’s team will continue to introduce pretrial motions to delay the trial(s).

The walls are, for the first time, closing in on him and he has some very serious prosecutors after him.  

Like you, I still am holding my breath to whether he gets any serious punishment like jail time (and how that would work is a different discussion) but the charges against him, for 99.9% of the rest of the population would get serious jail time so he should but we will see.  I think he’ll lose badly in one or two of the indictments (if not more) so it’s the punishment I’m less sure of.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

Donald having a bad day in court apparently. Getting a fine and then storming out mid trial so that the secret service guys had to run after and bring him back. Or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

“pure democracies are not the way to run a country”…Republicans just saying the quiet bit out loud again that they stand for after another bad day in many races…

Edited by nick76

Obviously I hope the Republicans get no where near power but Nikki Haley does at least seem to be someone whose views I could respect, even if I might disagree with her. 

Most of her party seem to be completely mental however, including all the favourites for power. Though that Ramaswamy might be the nuttiest of the lot. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Obviously I hope the Republicans get no where near power but Nikki Haley does at least seem to be someone whose views I could respect, even if I might disagree with her. 

Most of her party seem to be completely mental however, including all the favourites for power. Though that Ramaswamy might be the nuttiest of the lot. 

I have to say i feel opposite. She comes across like she wants to go to war with everyone. Im anti war if possible and vivek seemed to be only one who didnt want any further wars.

I didnt understand though why she got so offended by his comment about her daughter he was just highlighting that she criticised him about using tiktok but her daughter uses it. Its a valid point.

The nicest guy on there seemed to be tim scott but jesus did he send me to sleep every time he talked. He looks too soft to have the most powerful role in the world

De santis prob did better than the other debates but still meh.

The other guy i forgotten who he was so shows how much of a impression he made.

Its irrelevant anyway as trumps trouncing them all

Â