U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, bobzy said:

The president is Donald Trump.

I mean... what the actual **** has the World come to here.  The president is Donald Trump.

President Trump.  :unsure:

I said this last night after it sank in. The 'you're fired' dude is president. Real life Biff Tannen is President. What. The. *****.

• Like 2

**** Godwin, the comparison's are close enough for me. It's 1931 Germany. Stupid **** people. Stupid world. Eats itself again in stupidity and celebration of ignorance and hatred. Celebrates being a dick a bully a mysognist all because "he speaks straight". **** wits. Every single person who endorsed this is a **** ****. Watch the world burn and then will still blame others - as per request from POTUS himself - in the event of anything bad happening. Donald dickspittle Trump is in charge. **** you voters. **** your petty fears, your revolting prejudice and your capitulation to cowardice. At least accept responsibility when the consequences of this maniac unfurl in all their insane glory.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I said this last night after it sank in. The 'you're fired' dude is president. Real life Biff Tannen is President. What. The. *****.

so what happened is very old Trump stole the sports almanac from young Obama, went back in time and gave it to his younger (but still old) self. 

and the rest is history.

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

**** Godwin, the comparison's are close enough for me. It's 1931 Germany. Stupid **** people. Stupid world. Eats itself again in stupidity and celebration of ignorance and hatred. Celebrates being a dick a bully a mysognist all because "he speaks straight". **** wits. Every single person who endorsed this is a **** ****. Watch the world burn and then will still blame others - as per request from POTUS himself - in the event of anything bad happening. Donald dickspittle Trump is in charge. **** you voters. **** your petty fears, your revolting prejudice and your capitulation to cowardice. At least accept responsibility when the consequences of this maniac unfurl in all their insane glory.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm trying to think of a UK equivalent. Can't be Alan Sugar, he's sane.

Maybe Katie Hopkins?

I mentioned before that Sepp Blatter is the European equivalent.  I wonder if the UK had the same sort of primary elections how close Farage would get to being PM if he chose to run as a Tory.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm trying to think of a UK equivalent. Can't be Alan Sugar, he's sane.

Maybe Katie Hopkins?

Big Jeremy and little Jeremy, when they haven't had hot food after a long cold day tossing each other off.

Jeremy-Clarkson-and-Richard-Hammond-626x

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I mean... what the actual **** has the World come to here.  The president is Donald Trump.

It beggars belief.

• Like 1

I wouldn't surprise me if ranking Republicans are thinking about this- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Section 1. In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It beggars belief.

Someone in the not to distant future will need to start writing history books and books in general documententing world events.  In the future people will look at this part of history as something very strange.

From a history point of view the last 50-60 years have been quite smooth (Compared to other segments of history of the same size).  We (As in the population of the world) then copy cartoons and make a TV star the President.  In 200 years this will all look mental and we were alive at the time is the only upside.

Brexit and Trump will be part of an exam question in years time ffs.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I wouldn't surprise me if ranking Republicans are thinking about this- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

;)

22 hours ago, Chindie said:

The 25th Amendment 

The amendment is so ambiguously worded it could be used to remove him at any time (it was drafted to legislate removing a president who was unable to perform the role any longer, presumably for health or scandal reasons, but it's ambiguous enough to justify removing them for more or less anything).

The only thing standing in the way is the requirement of the Republican party to do something good, that would also simultaneously acknowledge they were part of a shambles and would have 'will of the people' ramifications.

That's your main hope. But it's a forlorn one. They aren't going to remove him until they're absolutely Teflon to the fallout from it. Which won't happen.

You're therefore hoping he keels over.

He's now claiming the media are covering up terrorist attacks.

For a businessman, I'm not sure he knows how the news industry works. Because to my eyes the moment there's a whiff of anything approaching mass violence the news has (often despicable) blanket coverage, because it sells.

But no in Donald's reality they don't want the viewers readers and clicks.

Unless he's become so detached from reality he now thinks the events that exist only in his head are real. 

...where's that 25th Amendment...?

38 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's now claiming the media are covering up terrorist attacks.

For a businessman, I'm not sure he knows how the news industry works. Because to my eyes the moment there's a whiff of anything approaching mass violence the news has (often despicable) blanket coverage, because it sells.

But no in Donald's reality they don't want the viewers readers and clicks.

Unless he's become so detached from reality he now thinks the events that exist only in his head are real. 

...where's that 25th Amendment...?

I'm pretty sure he does know. I think he's counting on his supporters not knowing. 

Its similar to the comments I've seen saying that he is going to throw a tantrum if his 'Muslim ban' gets overturned. He might in public but in private he would love it if the ban was overturned. It would give him popular support to grab more power from the other branches of government. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's like he won a "celebrity run the country" TV show. 

Â