Glenn Murray (Palace)

Villan4Life

spotted this a big No thank you!!

http://www.thesun.co...ston-Villa.html

ASTON VILLA boss Paul Lambert could make a cheeky £2million bid for Glenn Murray.

The Crystal Palace striker has scored 20 goals this season but has just 18 months left on his deal.

Murray, 29, joined from Brighton in the summer of 2011 and has fired Palace into second place in the Championship.

But while Murray could have a future at Villa, Stephen Warnock does not.

Forgotten man Warnock, 31, was part of England’s 2010 World Cup squad, but Lambert sent the former Liverpool star on loan to Bolton in September.

Defender Warnock is set to return to Villa next week after his Reebok loan spell ends on Saturday, But he is not part of Lambert’s plans and could be sold in January — his Villa contract is up in the summer.

Warnock could also re-join Bolton on a half-season loan in January, or agree a temporary deal with another club.

can't see this one happening really, the only thing that might give it some credence would be that he sounds a bit like a version of Holt at Norwich, personally would rather and think we will keep to looking for younger players but you just don't know with Lambert, guess that what makes transfer windows so exciting now :).

Right club, wrong player

Interesting you should say that, obviously Zaha is the one attracting all the attention, but I was at the Palace Blues game last weekend and Yannick Bolasie on the right wing was really impressive. Now it is the only time I've seen him, so I'm not advocating Lambert rushes out and signs him, but I'd be interested to know from anyone who watches Palace regularly whether he's impressed throughout the season.

I don't know diddly shit about Glenn Murray. I tell you what I do know though; I know some kid I'd never heard of, who'd never played higher than a handful of games at League One, is arguably the best midfielder at this club. I know some striker who managed double figures one time only in the Belgian league now looks like the most complete forward this club has bought in the last decade. I know another kid, his team went down to League One and then couldn't make it back up, who's looked every bit the competent Premier League right back from his first kick of the ball with us. And I know a defender who'd l'd only ever seen make a clown of himself in the Euros, make the captain's armband his own.

If Paul Lambert thinks Glenn Murray can do a job for Aston Villa for a couple million, he's got enough goodwill from me to just get the **** on with it.

• Like 3

I don't know diddly shit about Glenn Murray. I tell you what I do know though; I know some kid I'd never heard of, who'd never played higher than a handful of games at League One, is arguably the best midfielder at this club. I know some striker who managed double figures one time only in the Belgian league now looks like the most complete forward this club has bought in the last decade. I know another kid, his team went down to League One and then couldn't make it back up, who's looked every bit the competent Premier League right back from his first kick of the ball with us. And I know a defender who'd l'd only ever seen make a clown of himself in the Euros, make the captain's armband his own.

If Paul Lambert thinks Glenn Murray can do a job for Aston Villa for a couple million, he's got enough goodwill from me to just get the **** on with it.

This.

Until his signings prove otherwise, I will never judge a player that PL is interested in until I have seen them in action for us.

Â