Glenn Murray (Palace)

Villan4Life

I don't know diddly shit about Glenn Murray. I tell you what I do know though; I know some kid I'd never heard of, who'd never played higher than a handful of games at League One, is arguably the best midfielder at this club. I know some striker who managed double figures one time only in the Belgian league now looks like the most complete forward this club has bought in the last decade. I know another kid, his team went down to League One and then couldn't make it back up, who's looked every bit the competent Premier League right back from his first kick of the ball with us. And I know a defender who'd l'd only ever seen make a clown of himself in the Euros, make the captain's armband his own.

If Paul Lambert thinks Glenn Murray can do a job for Aston Villa for a couple million, he's got enough goodwill from me to just get the **** on with it.

This.

Until his signings prove otherwise, I will never judge a player that PL is interested in until I have seen them in action for us.

In terms of overall strategy these two posts sum it up for me

He can sign who the feck he wants at the minute for me, he has done nothing wrong so far

I don't know diddly shit about Glenn Murray. I tell you what I do know though; I know some kid I'd never heard of, who'd never played higher than a handful of games at League One, is arguably the best midfielder at this club. I know some striker who managed double figures one time only in the Belgian league now looks like the most complete forward this club has bought in the last decade. I know another kid, his team went down to League One and then couldn't make it back up, who's looked every bit the competent Premier League right back from his first kick of the ball with us. And I know a defender who'd l'd only ever seen make a clown of himself in the Euros, make the captain's armband his own.

If Paul Lambert thinks Glenn Murray can do a job for Aston Villa for a couple million, he's got enough goodwill from me to just get the **** on with it.

Well said sir!

This link does nothing to excite me but what you've posted is spot on.

young and hungry is what lambert has said in the past. I think murray at 29 is too old and not required. Even if bent leaves we have gabby wiemann benteke and i suppose bowery although im not sure what the plan is with bowery. id say a centre back, a left back, a centtal midfielder and a wide player is more urgent. I dont think waiting for Ireland, Nzogbia and Allbrighton to produce anything on a regular basis is worth it. They have all underperformed for two years. I dont think a forward is a priority at all. I would look for long term replacements for those 3 first

im interested to know how the red tops 'find out' their stories...

Never heard of the transfer tombola's? They have one full of players names and another full of clubs and they just do a draw every few days in order to give themselves stories for the next days paper.

Â