Playstation 4

hogso

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sony ban anyone who initiates a charge back.

They've got him by the balls, let them keep his money, or lose everything on his account.

This is true, I'd forgot that.

This kinda thing, along with track records of looking after peoples data, is why I won't go anywhere near having my card details on any of the consoles. Sony's record is particularly bad and they're terrible to deal with on the customer services side. It's partly why an all digital future fills me with dread.

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This is true, I'd forgot that.

This kinda thing, along with track records of looking after peoples data, is why I won't go anywhere near having my card details on any of the consoles. Sony's record is particularly bad and they're terrible to deal with on the customer services side. It's partly why an all digital future fills me with dread.

Get one of these: http://www.myoptimumcard.co.uk/ or another similar prepay card.

13 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Massively pissed off tonight.

I was on the dashboard on the PS4, I turned off the DS4 as I wanted to use it on the PC in another room. Whilst using it on the PC, it somehow turned on on the PS4 and with the buttons I was pressing, purchased Dark Souls III with the season pass for £69.99. I contacted Sony within 20 minutes of this happening as I got an email thanking me for the purchase, they said they would refund it as I hadn't downloaded the game yet but the funds will only be refunded to my wallet on the PS4. I never buy anything on the store because it is so overpriced so having the money there is pretty useless for me. 

I asked for a manager to contact me tomorrow regarding this but the guy said it is highly unlikely they will do anything. **** off!

Sorry Jono, that is **** funny.

• Like 1

It is quite funny looking back :crylaugh:

I'm still pissed off though, I need a game to come out that I know I will keep without trading, but isn't overpriced at £50

Only game I can think of at the moment is Trials and sell my copy on eBay. Same with Trackmania. 

I've removed my card now, surely they should at least ask you for your password before charging you £70 for a game?!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

i3fRn8j.png

Doesn't seem like enough of an improvement to go spend £400 on to be honest... 

It won't be yet.  It's the leap between the current PS4 and the one two or three revisions down the line where this will pay off.  Consoles are basically becoming user friendly PCs and the current architecture of the PS4 (and Xbox One) have basically locked in backwards compatibility for the foreseeable future.  Launch PS4 owners will still be able to run whatever GTA game comes out in 2018 or 2019, it will probably just be on "low" settings, something which PC gamers have been used to forever. 

I suspect the PS4 branding will be dropped altogether at some point too and it will just go back to being called a Playstation.   The business model is proven, iterative upgrades work with phones, laptops, tablets so why not consoles?

• Like 2

Just now, The_Rev said:

It won't be yet.  It's the leap between the current PS4 and the one two or three revisions down the line where this will pay off.  Consoles are basically becoming user friendly PCs and the current architecture of the PS4 (and Xbox One) have basically locked in backwards compatibility for the foreseeable future.  Launch PS4 owners will still be able to run whatever GTA game comes out in 2018 or 2019, it will probably just be on "low" settings, something which PC gamers have been used to forever. 

I suspect the PS4 branding will be dropped altogether at some point too and it will just go back to being called a Playstation.   The business model is proven, iterative upgrades work with phones, laptops, tablets so why not consoles?

I agree, it's something I've always thought would work and in my opinion it's a good thing for the console marketplace. Though lots of others will disagree. Personally I see every console having a 6 year life cycle. 3 years playing games in high settings, 3 years playing games in low settings.

For example I'll try and explain the best I can...

PS4 gets released 2013

PS4 - 3 years in high settings

PS4K gets released - 2016

PS4 - 3 years of low settings
PS4K - 3 years of high settings

PS5 gets released - 2019 - Resulting is PS4 being made obsolete for (most) new games

PS4K - 3 years of low settings
PS5 - 3 years of high settings

PS5.5 gets released 2022 - Resulting in PS4K being made obsolete for (most) new games

So on and so forth...

I think a 6 year cycle for a games console is pretty fair. That's the business model I'd go by if I were Sony / MS. 

If that makes no sense then I apologise, hard to explain. 

Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster

Bioshock Trilogy Remaster

FFXIII (not too bothered about 13-2 or LR) Remaster

That's what I want. All older games I know, but I want them.

Why oh why is there no backwards compatibility?

Because of playstation now, which for me I've only looked at once or twice but it's just the wrong business model, you look at EA access and it's brilliant (which pisses me off that Sony don't want it, again I think because of PS now) you pay your £7 a month or whatever it is and play whatever you want, isn't ps now something like £7 per game? It needs to be open and let you dabble, if it was £7 a month they'd be loads of people using it

Just now, DK82 said:

Tropico 5 and Table Top Racing for PS+ this month (May). Delighted.

Oooo that's a decent title for a change. Been meaning to have a bash at a Tropico game for a while now so this is good news :thumb:

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

Oooo that's a decent title for a change. Been meaning to have a bash at a Tropico game for a while now so this is good news :thumb:

Ditto, almost bought it last month so quite relieved I didn't :)

• Like 1

At the risk of further raising your ire, EA Access is actually £3.99pm or £19.99 for 12 months. 

No it furthers my point, I really like ea access it's an absolute bargain, I bought a xbone last month and signed straight up to it, a year on that was cheaper than buying titanfall so it was an absolute no brainer

Didn't know about the subscription to PSnow though, looks like it came in before Christmas last year, I hadn't noticed I'd already disregarded it at its launch. so yeah there is your alternative to backwards compatibility, £12.99 a month...

Â