Jimzk5

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the shorts being a different shade of black / different material finish bothers me more than it should

I dislike that too. I ain't actually bought a Wolves shirt in years and would never get the shorts obviously but between that one and the home shirts it's not contest if I was getting one. 

Some of the merchandise they unveiled for that Chinese shop is insane though. I get its not for this market but it all looks like it should be on some William Gibson cover. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, useless said:

In talks for Ruben Dias apparently, a Mendes client of course,  but if it happens will be a big coup and statement of intent from them.

That would be truly ridiculous. Could easily play for a top club

Can't say I have ever heard of him but everyone seems very excited. He was linked with Man Utd and Real who apparently were firmly considering bids, part of me thinks Wolves interest might be Mendes trying to drive those other markets, however I find it very hard to fully commit to the idea Wolves are actually good now and our owners are as serious as they say. 

Just beat City though on pens though for the Premier league title win...so that's a nice start to the season. 

Edited by big mean bunny

16 hours ago, useless said:

In talks for Ruben Dias apparently, a Mendes client of course,  but if it happens will be a big coup and statement of intent from them.

Wolves really have a hard-on for players named Ruben.

One thing I've wondered is if all the Chinese owned clubs are struggling with cashflow due to government restrictions, how are wolves seemingly unaffected? Ignore that due to some shady dealing they can get players for a quarter of their value, they've still spent a fair bit? Although granted not this season so far. 

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

One thing I've wondered is if all the Chinese owned clubs are struggling with cashflow due to government restrictions, how are wolves seemingly unaffected? Ignore that due to some shady dealing they can get players for a quarter of their value, they've still spent a fair bit? Although granted not this season so far. 

because they werent bought by charlatans

Their owners have a lot investments outside of China, so the Chinese government can't tell them what to do with that money. To be honest since they've gone up I don't think they've spent that much more than clubs like West Ham, Leicester, Everton and so on,

• Like 2

On 13/07/2019 at 22:54, Keyblade said:

I like how they have a thread on us titled "horribly obsessed", that is 148 pages long and is barely a year old  :crylaugh:

Some of them are trying to downplay our transfer business and are insisting it's going to go tits up. Sounds like wishful thinking there and they're really just antsy that their title as best team in the Midlands is going to be challenged.

It's so weird though, the amount of venom they have for us. Literally who? It's like West Brom in the early 2010's all over again.

Thanks for the link, that's an amusing read. It reads a bit like our Spurs thread from a few years ago. "They are not our rivals!". 

Imagine if we beat them this season, that thread will go into meltdown. 

9 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Thanks for the link, that's an amusing read. It reads a bit like our Spurs thread from a few years ago. "They are not our rivals!". 

Imagine if we beat them this season, that thread will go into meltdown. 

I just read the start of the thread and funnily enough they think Bruce was a shit dinosaur of a  manager. I am not going to read 148 pages but seems from 1st 2 or 3 pages they dont seem to care

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I just read the start of the thread and funnily enough they think Bruce was a shit dinosaur of a  manager. I am not going to read 148 pages but seems from 1st 2 or 3 pages they dont seem to care

Nearly 150 pages in less than a year? Nah I’m sure they’d be cool if we sneak an away point.

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wolves would have run into huge problems had they not gone up, regardless of Mendez. But they got up and now they are okay because of the PL revenue.

If they were to go down then they would be in big trouble again.

They gambled and won, Xia wasn’t so lucky.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Wolves would have run into huge problems had they not gone up, regardless of Mendez. But they got up and now they are okay because of the PL revenue.

If they were to go down then they would be in big trouble again.

They gambled and won, Xia wasn’t so lucky.

We would be the same surely? 

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sure it would hit us but our owners would be in a better position to finance the club should they wish to do so.

That i don't disagree with bit if  the existing ffp format is still jn place i ghink we are definiyely going ti be hit with sanctions if we go d own

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

we are definiyely going ti be hit with sanctions if we go d own

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

No we won’t.

I'm not sure that either of these are really supportable claims. No one can be so definite. The spending on fees (amortised over the contract lengths), the changes to the wage bill, further expenditure and income (outside of the known income for finishing in a relegation place) are not something that we can be definite about. We also don't know whether existing EFL FFP limits will be changed, whether loopholes will be closed, or further loopholes discovered. Trent is right in "no we won't (definitely) be hit, but it's far from unlikely if we were to go down again - even with a firesale of players we'd struggle, likely as before, because the same conditions are being reinstigated - high wage bill, expensive players...etc.

Wolves look structurally better placed than Villa right now and they have an extra year's TV income as well..   

I was expecting them to have done some more transfer activity by now. Do they have a squad big enough to take on the Europa League and the Prem without it massively effecting the latter?

Â