Jimzk5

22 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sorry, but you’ve lost me a bit here? How much did Wolves pay for Neves? Thought it was £15m? 

Are the likes of Man Utd unable/unwilling to pay £15m on a player who’s played champions league football but is untested in England?

Couldn’t they buy him, loan him out and if it doesn’t work out, sell him for a decent price (a bit like Chelsea did with lad who never played for them but they made a profit on him somehow)?

I see the sense in what you’re saying, but Wolves are most likely going to want at least twice as much for him now. Actually the way the market is now, let’s be honest Wolves will want probably closer to three times the value now. They’re not exactly short of cash.

Top club comes in Porto will want more money a lot more, they got £25 million for Anderson pre-boom. Mendes connections facilitates Wolves getting him cheaper

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Top club comes in Porto will want more money a lot more, they got £25 million for Anderson pre-boom. Mendes connections facilitates Wolves getting him cheaper

And you think the top clubs will view that arrangement as Wolves “doing them a favour”?

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And you think the top clubs will view that arrangement as Wolves “doing them a favour”?

Yeah if a player flops it saves them money. If a player comes good he is ready made for Premier League and practically has adapted into the country

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah if a player flops it saves them money. If a player comes good he is ready made for Premier League and practically has adapted into the country

But if the player is a success the top club will most likely have to pay more money than they would have lost should he have turned out to be a flop.

I mean what is £15m to Man Utd, really? They lost about the same in the di Maria deal alone. I just don’t think the likes of United, Chelsea etc would see it as a favour.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

9 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

But if the player is a success the top club will most likely have to pay more money than they would have lost should he have turned out to be a flop.

I mean what is £15m to Man Utd, really? They lost about the same in the di Maria deal alone. I just don’t think the likes of United, Chelsea etc would see it as a favour.

But United cant get him for 15million only Mendes can. They will pay the premium without knowing if can handle it

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

But United cant get him for 15million only Mendes can. They will pay the premium without knowing if can handle it

And I think this is ultimately where we differ. I don’t believe Man Utd and the likes will be content in being  told they can’t have a player unless they pay X amount more than the friends of Mendes rate.

I’d also be interested in seeing how that plays out if Wolves have serious ambition to challenge the elite. The big clubs are even less likely to be happy for a “rival” to have mates rates for players.

But if they’re going to be essentially a feeder club like you’re suggesting then becoming a top six club/elite club is unlikely if they keep selling their best players, albeit for a substantial profit.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

18 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And I think this is ultimately where we differ. I don’t believe Man Utd and the likes will be content in being  told they can’t have a player unless they pay X amount more than the friends of Mendes rate.

I’d also be interested in seeing how that plays out if Wolves have serious ambition to challenge the elite. The big clubs are even less likely to be happy for a “rival” to have mates rates for players.

But if they’re going to be essentially a feeder club like you’re suggesting then becoming a top six club/elite club is unlikely if they keep selling their best players, albeit for a substantial profit.

See Aston Villa 2009-2011!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Exactly if wolves can get the player for half the price but other clubs are quoted more I don't see how the big clubs will be happy with this. It's different having united and chelsea complain compared to Leeds and villa.

This arrangement will be watched on a grander scale on premier league level compared to the championship.

The clubs selling the players to Wolves will also want to get as much money as possible so even thou Mendes is agent for some of their signing they will not just be gifted to Wolves.

Equally Mendes will want to get as much money possible for any transfers.

They will be a transit club for players until that time they have reached a level where they are attractive enough or rich enough to keep their best ones.

Doubt the plan is to be a top 6 within 2 seasons (or top of Europe in 5 :rolleyes:) so this will take some time.

Most likely it won't even happen, but I think they have at least some things in place to have a go at it.

Next season will be about staying up and consolidating their place even for them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

These two sentences perfectly demonstrate the complete absurdity of having an agent representing up to 4 sides in a negotiation (two clubs, player and agent). 

Yup.

Nothing will happen though!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11334047/wolves-chasing-pl-elite

like I said wolves are not just going up to premier league to make up the numbers , fosun have massive plans on crashing the elite brigade , wether they can achieve it is something we will find out . With there wealth and connections and what everyone has seen them do this season , ( relegation candidates to championship champions ) I wouldn't be one bit suprised if they achieve there goal . 

Said many times in this thread, we've been there under lerner, came about as close to breaking it as you possibly can and all we did was lose anyone and everyone to clubs not even below us 

Wolves might finish top 10 and then get excited and think 2 more players and we will do it...if neves has the same season in the PL hes not going to be there the year after...mendes is a 2 way street make no doubt about it, its not the steps forward that are going to be the problem its how big are the steps back that are inevitablely coming, the steps back we took killed our owners interest and sunk us 

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Looking through Mendes list of clients(Andre Gray is definitely the odd one out) I wouldnt be surprised if pulled some more out of the bag. Maybe Goncalo Guedes or a Garay be interesting 

I think they will need bring in a quality centre back 

Could see Andre Silva being signed, he's been terrible at AC Milan this season. They will need better than Bonatini leading the line.

Ruddy will also be a weak link at premier league level so better keeper required aswell.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Could see Andre Silva being signed, he's been terrible at AC Milan this season. They will need better than Bonatini leading the line.

Ruddy will also be a weak link at premier league level so better keeper required aswell.

Hope so, he's **** shite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hope so, he's **** shite.

Obviously you haven't seen much of him from his Porto days where nuno was in charge , I think you would think a lot differently then . Just cause a player hasn't fitted in well with one club does not mean he won't fit in and exceed at another ! Short sighted comment  

http://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/serie-a-ac-milan-porto-andre-silva-transfer-news-portugal/fygxajmjwabm1uv0t54rw90la

yep definitely must be shite :) 

Edited by Wolf man

7 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Obviously you haven't seen much of him from his Porto days where nuno was in charge , I think you would think a lot differently then . Just cause a player hasn't fitted in well with one club does not mean he won't fit in and exceed at another ! Short sighted comment  

http://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/serie-a-ac-milan-porto-andre-silva-transfer-news-portugal/fygxajmjwabm1uv0t54rw90la

yep definitely must be shite :) 

As somewhat of a Milan fan, he seems like Scott Hogan, he has a half decent finish, but he adds nothing to build up play, isn't great in the air and isn't very quick.

Frustrating player 

Â