Jimzk5

17 minutes ago, sne said:

No idea of what you mean by young, I'm 42 FWIW.

And IMO football has changed a whole lot from when I was a kid. 

The offside rule,  the back pass rule, tackles from behind banned, professional fouls all changed during the 90's.

Biggest changes is the money and the Bosman ruling that has totally changed football from what it was in the 80's.

Ok I thought you was younger FWIW.....I have 25 years longer watching it ,so I have seen the game when it was played much, much slower than today

Yeah, I get that......I think it depends in what context you mean change, to me they are peripherals, to others maybe major changes I guess.

I accept that due to those changes the game is being pursued in the free flowing sense and the tough tackling game is less so and more reliant for its success on weak refs.

Ps Oh and by the way, I want us to play the game like you and lots on here allude to......its just that i think its a gradual process, providing we don't go backwards

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

There's no point guessing, just wait and find out.

We may as well close the forum. In fact, the whole internet. Close the lot, @lapal_fan says there's no point guessing! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No offence but you seem to think wolves are going to be storming the premier league, nuno has no PL experience either does most of your team. I think Wolves fans expectations are going to be ridiculous next year. 

In fairness, he really isn't.  He's just saying that's the aim of the owners and their spending this season has shown that they're willing to spend a lot to get success.  Not expecting Wolves to "storm the Premier League", just that they'll spend a lot and sign some surprisingly high-level players for a team that has just been promoted from the Championship...

...which is exactly what our fans would be saying if we were in Wolves' position, given what Xia has said and what we've spent etc.

Just now, bobzy said:

In fairness, he really isn't.  He's just saying that's the aim of the owners and their spending this season has shown that they're willing to spend a lot to get success.  Not expecting Wolves to "storm the Premier League", just that they'll spend a lot and sign some surprisingly high-level players for a team that has just been promoted from the Championship...

...which is exactly what our fans would be saying if we were in Wolves' position, given what Xia has said and what we've spent etc.

finishing 6th in two years suggests that to me, what club has done that inside two years and been out the premier league for many years? 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

finishing 6th in two years suggests that to me, what club has done that inside two years and been out the premier league for many years? 

I don't understand what point you're making here, sorry.

Edit:  Oh, he said about trying to gatecrash top 6 - well, yes, that would be the aim.  I can't think of any examples of a mega-rich club being promoted from the Championship, so not sure what the comparison would be?  Leicester won the bloody title quickly enough after promotion, though, and were League One not so long before that.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

We may as well close the forum. In fact, the whole internet. Close the lot, @lapal_fan says there's no point guessing! :rolleyes:

Or we can keep asking the same questions, keep reading the same answers and still just be guessing. 

There's tonnes to talk about with guessing what the future will hold :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Or we can keep asking the same questions, keep reading the same answers and still just be guessing. 

There's tonnes to talk about with guessing what the future will hold :rolleyes:

Or you could just let people guess, predict, discuss and get on with it, without putting your fat boot in!

:P

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Or you could just let people guess, predict, discuss and get on with it, without putting your fat boot in!

Ooooooh, so my post is invalid compared to the rest of them? 

to quote someone;

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Or you could just let people get on with it, without putting your fat boot in!

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No offence but you seem to think wolves are going to be storming the premier league, nuno has no PL experience either does most of your team. I think Wolves fans expectations are going to be ridiculous next year. 

And what is this so called premier league experience you refer to  ??? Do you mean having the advantage of having Paul lamberts premier league experience or Alan Pardews premier league experience . See all there so called premier league experience has worked out well for there respective clubs this season . Think people get to caught up with all this if you have no experience of the league your doomed to fail . It's the same deluded thinking that keeps the hire and fire manager sack circle going round and round in the premier league . 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ooooooh, so my post is invalid compared to the rest of them? 

to quote someone;

No Xmas cards from Halesowen coming your way:D

There again plenty of time to make up.

8 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

And what is this so called premier league experience you refer to  ??? Do you mean having the advantage of having Paul lamberts premier league experience or Alan Pardews premier league experience . See all there so called premier league experience has worked out well for there respective clubs this season . Think people get to caught up with all this if you have no experience of the league your doomed to fail . It's the same deluded thinking that keeps the hire and fire manager sack circle going round and round in the premier league . 

Its a good point......experience is only any good, if the manager is any good in the first place.

its a good thing to have.....but not just in isolation of many other factors.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Please, please learn "their, there and they're" and "to, too and two".  It's happening far too often for it to be an innocent mistake - I get them wrong sometimes, but at least I try :lol: 

It'll help me out immensely.  

Wow, that was almost as bad as VT grammar nazi @rjw63 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Please, please learn "their, there and they're" and "to, too and two".  It's happening far too often for it to be an innocent mistake - I get them wrong sometimes, but at least I try :lol: 

It'll help me out immensely.  

Wow, that was almost as bad as VT grammar nazi @rjw63 

are you really Giles Brandreth in Disguise.

There we have another celebrity to add to the Buldging list........Ooops sorry Bulging list.:D

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

You seem to allude to wolves being able to crack the top 6 within a couple seasons which is completely unrealistic and you are setting yourself up to fail with goals like that. Worry about staying up next year first and then establishing yourselves before you convince yourselves you can over throw one of the top 6 clubs.

When things don't go Nuno way he spits his toys out the pram. Wait until you start losing games or hit a bad patch and it be interesting to see how he reacts to that. You have not really had that this year. Next year will be completely different. I dont think you will be a bottom three club however I dont think it is going to be as successful as you think it will be.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

No problem grammar police will be sure to too,  two , correct my ways :) 

perhaps its the way you spake.:)

Not like us Brummies, Mirroring Surrey,...I mean sorry.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You seem to allude to wolves being able to crack the top 6 within a couple seasons which is completely unrealistic and you are setting yourself up to fail with goals like that. Worry about staying up next year first and then establishing yourselves before you convince yourselves you can over throw one of the top 6 clubs.

When things don't go Nuno way he spits his toys out the pram. Wait until you start losing games or hit a bad patch and it be interesting to see how he reacts to that. You have not really had that this year. Next year will be completely different. I dont think you will be a bottom three club however I dont think it is going to be as successful as you think it will be.  

They will do well to go with caution, to do a Man City is very unlikely......for anyone.

To do what they did you have to be able to fund mistakes without batting an eyelid......The paradox is, they rarely do, because the money attracts the best managers around.....its a bit of catch22

We all have rich owners, but when they are rich enough to throw virtually unlimited funds at things its hard to compete with that.

just hoping Tony can befriend Jeff Bezos.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Leicester, Newcastle under Pardew and Burnley not far behind

20 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Obviously you haven't seen much of him from his Porto days where nuno was in charge , I think you would think a lot differently then . Just cause a player hasn't fitted in well with one club does not mean he won't fit in and exceed at another ! Short sighted comment  

http://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/serie-a-ac-milan-porto-andre-silva-transfer-news-portugal/fygxajmjwabm1uv0t54rw90la

yep definitely must be shite :) 

Post on another forum and there's a few Portuguese posters on there (2 Sporting fans and a Porto fan). They all think Porto mugged Milan big time as Silva having got his big move is now more interested in Instagram posts. Hasn't done much for Portugal either.

Â