Jimzk5

7 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Obviously you haven't seen much of him from his Porto days where nuno was in charge , I think you would think a lot differently then . Just cause a player hasn't fitted in well with one club does not mean he won't fit in and exceed at another ! Short sighted comment  

http://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/serie-a-ac-milan-porto-andre-silva-transfer-news-portugal/fygxajmjwabm1uv0t54rw90la

yep definitely must be shite :) 

No offence but you seem to think wolves are going to be storming the premier league, nuno has no PL experience either does most of your team. I think Wolves fans expectations are going to be ridiculous next year. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No offence but you seem to think wolves are going to be storming the premier league, nuno has no PL experience either does most of your team. I think Wolves fans expectations are going to be ridiculous next year. 

He had no La Liga experience and got Valencia into Champions League

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He had no La Liga experience and got Valencia into Champions League

La liga is not as competitive as the premier league. They really think they can take a spot from either city united Chelsea spurs Liverpool or arsenal?

No chance.  Wolves fans think just because they ran away with it this year they can do the same in pl.  Don't work like that despite what fosan say. Completely different kettle of fish 

There's no point guessing how wolves will do, they'll learn that when they get there.

I'd say there's a lot of Cack in the PL at the minute, and they probably won't be the worst team there.

That said, on their day, most PL teams can cause an upset, look at Baggies the weekend.

We also don't know what wolves will do in the summer.  

There's no point guessing, just wait and find out.

We'll done for getting the PL, they've deserved it this season.  I went to uni at wolves and it's a decent club which has been stuck in the championship for most of my life, just enjoy being in the PL before you try and "conquer" it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Obviously you haven't seen much of him from his Porto days where nuno was in charge , I think you would think a lot differently then . Just cause a player hasn't fitted in well with one club does not mean he won't fit in and exceed at another ! Short sighted comment  

http://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/serie-a-ac-milan-porto-andre-silva-transfer-news-portugal/fygxajmjwabm1uv0t54rw90la

yep definitely must be shite :) 

Portuguese league is of a poor standard, so is Serie A incidentally. He's not very good at all. 

If they go into the PL and shake things up then all power to them. Would be happy to see it, like when Leicester did it.

Wolves are a club (like the baggies) that I've never really cared about and wish them the best. 

I do find it hilarious that they sing songs about us but we don't have a single one for them though, tis funny :D 

Edited by PieFacE

16 hours ago, Wolf man said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11334047/wolves-chasing-pl-elite

like I said wolves are not just going up to premier league to make up the numbers , fosun have massive plans on crashing the elite brigade , wether they can achieve it is something we will find out . With there wealth and connections and what everyone has seen them do this season , ( relegation candidates to championship champions ) I wouldn't be one bit suprised if they achieve there goal . 

Congratulations, you deserve it.

Top of the prem ......Its a very, very expensive group to join.....best of luck.

but i think you will do well in the prem anyway.

Pretty amazing really how Wolves managed to get results with a bunch of players from the (supposedly) crappy Portuguese league when we struggled for large periods under these 2 years despite buying the best performing players from the supposedly quality Championship and borrowing a bunch of players from the most Premier League in the world.

Edited by sne

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Pretty amazing really how Wolves managed to get results with a bunch of players from the crappy Portuguese league when we struggled for large periods under these 2 years despite buying the best performing players from the supposedly quality Championship and borrowing a bunch of players from the most Premier League in the world.

Yeah....i think Nuno has done very well to blend the portuguese contingent, with the British element.....it has worked out very well for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Yeah....i think Nuno has done very well to blend the portuguese contingent, with the British element.....it has worked out very well for them.

Very much so, him and the players have done a great job under what was in no way a forgone conclusion of them running away with the league.

New country, language, league, club, lots of young players...

But quality and talent prevail.

Almost 70 % foreign players, most of them under 25 y.o from supposedly crappy leagues (as in not English?) playing against the burly rugged proper men of the Championship, making it look easy.

Nuno (and their slaver Mendes ^_^) has managed to get them to pull in the same direction and keep focus during this 46 game slog. That is impressive.

And it also once and for all puts to rest this silly notion of the Championship being a special kind of beast that still lives on from 20 or so years ago.

In the PL any given week at least 50% of the managers and players are foreign nowadays, and the higher up the table you get the more so it becomes.

This is happening in the Championship as well, but slower of course since the money is not quite as absurd there.

There is IMO no longer any "British Football" in the sense that you had before the PL, at least not the top 2 flights in England.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Cardiff? 

Yeah, not saying there are no teams, managers or players at all who play ye olde way. There are still those who cling to the past.

But they are becoming a minority and are no longer the norm.

Warnock is almost 70 his breed is dying. But credit where it's due. He is managing to be very successful with this 80's style football.

Shame that.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Pretty amazing really how Wolves managed to get results with a bunch of players from the (supposedly) crappy Portuguese league when we struggled for large periods under these 2 years despite buying the best performing players from the supposedly quality Championship and borrowing a bunch of players from the most Premier League in the world.

Wolves struggled without Neves, he is a CL player any team would be better with Neves in their midfield in this league.

I think had we had Neves we would have walked the league. He is a exceptional talent 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves struggled without Neves, he is a CL player any team would be better with Neves in their midfield in this league.

I think had we had Neves we would have walked the league. He is a exceptional talent 

While I agree he is a big talent I don't think he is quite THAT good yet that we would have walked the league with him.

He would certainly have made us better thou.

53 minutes ago, sne said:

Very much so, him and the players have done a great job under what was in no way a forgone conclusion of them running away with the league.

New country, language, league, club, lots of young players...

But quality and talent prevail.

Almost 70 % foreign players, most of them under 25 y.o from supposedly crappy leagues (as in not English?) playing against the burly rugged proper men of the Championship, making it look easy.

Nuno (and their slaver Mendes ^_^) has managed to get them to pull in the same direction and keep focus during this 46 game slog. That is impressive.

And it also once and for all puts to rest this silly notion of the Championship being a special kind of beast that still lives on from 20 or so years ago.

In the PL any given week at least 50% of the managers and players are foreign nowadays, and the higher up the table you get the more so it becomes.

This is happening in the Championship as well, but slower of course since the money is not quite as absurd there.

There is IMO no longer any "British Football" in the sense that you had before the PL, at least not the top 2 flights in England.

I think The "British Football" term is just unintentionally colloquial for lower quality, but of course that in itself is subjective, the continentals have equally done well to adapt the combative spirit of our game and allied to the silky skills of their game, none better illustrated in the upper echelons of the Premier league.

I think Nuno has gone some way to achieving that with Wolves too.

I think your comments illustrate that too.

Nuno is very aware of the talent he has and plays in a style that suits that talent and they do it very,very, well. I notice how they make much more space on the ball for themselves than we do and they play balls in to space quite often, where we play to feet and our opponents just close us down, thus making it difficult for us to play concise passing football, we are always under physical pressure, contrastingly Wolves are not.....Wolves Movement off the ball is superior to ours and it has a knock on effect on the rest of their game.......none more highlighted than our forwards who are always heavily marked.

I would suspect if Nuno had Neil Warnocks squad, he would not be able to do what he does now......Neil ( for his sins) has to cut his cloth accordingly and in order to wins games ( in his eyes) plays a more robust combative game that suits his players.

Since the pioneering days of Rinus Michels at Ajax and then Johan Cryuff at Barcelona on to Pepe Guardiola at Barca too, the total football philosophy has flourished.....Sure The Brazillians were born with it, and shown it to us for years....but bringing it to Europe was ground breaking.

Its the way many of us want to watch the game, but the managers must have the players who can play it.....that is key.

Porto, won the top prize with a way of playing and a modest budget from a top manager in Jose and then our own Brian Clough and Ron Saunders won it with a more workmanlike approach......For  years the Brits with Liverpool and Man U had a kinda hybrid game with flair dominated by physical endeavour aided and abetted by the brilliance of Kenny Dalglish and George Best respectively.

There are many styles, but managers must be sure their players can do what they are asking of them, they must have it in their locker to start with.....otherwise its pointless.

You then have to resort to what wins you games to develop and get better players which starts the whole evolution of a football club.

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, not saying there are no teams, managers or players at all who play ye olde way. There are still those who cling to the past.

But they are becoming a minority and are no longer the norm.

Warnock is almost 70 his breed is dying. But credit where it's due. He is managing to be very successful with this 80's style football.

Shame that.

But you have to be careful here....some things of the past are good.....its where inspiration in any walk of life comes from....we build on things.

There are revolutionary things that happen in our lives like Aeroplanes, TV, The Internet.....but for the most part like football, its gradual improvements ( hopefully)

I would hazard a guess that you are relatively young and I get your views.....but you will most likely glean your views from todays football....when you get older, football will most likely change again, but it will be difficult for you to simply abandon all what you think is right with the present game.

There are still 11 players in a game ( there is only so much you can do with formations based on that)and we play for 90 odd minutes just like we did a hundred years ago, the pitches are the same size within the parameters set by the FA, The grass is still green( just joking) the goal posts are the same size( I think).....so much is the same. The speed of the game is the most significant change for me and the knock on effect of that.

There will always be teams that have their own style, sure they will copy others, but there is only so much you can do......It all boils down to the best players, attract the best managers and usually create the best teams ( With usually a kings ransom of money to help)

31 minutes ago, sne said:

While I agree he is a big talent I don't think he is quite THAT good yet that we would have walked the league with him.

He would certainly have made us better thou.

Probably would be back up to Jedinak/Whelan

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

But you have to be careful here....some things of the past are good.....its where inspiration in any walk of life comes from....we build on things.

There are revolutionary things that happen in our lives like Aeroplanes, TV, The Internet.....but for the most part like football, its gradual improvements ( hopefully)

I would hazard a guess that you are relatively young and I get your views.....but you will most likely glean your views from todays football....when you get older, football will most likely change again, but it will be difficult for you to simply abandon all what you think is right with the present game.

There are still 11 players in a game ( there is only so much you can do with formations based on that)and we play for 90 odd minutes just like we did a hundred years ago, the pitches are the same size within the parameters set by the FA, The grass is still green( just joking) the goal posts are the same size( I think).....so much is the same. The speed of the game is the most significant change for me and the knock on effect of that.

There will always be teams that have their own style, sure they will copy others, but there is only so much you can do......It all boils down to the best players, attract the best managers and usually create the best teams ( With usually a kings ransom of money to help)

No idea of what you mean by young, I'm 42 FWIW.

And IMO football has changed a whole lot from when I was a kid. 

The offside rule,  the back pass rule, tackles from behind banned, professional fouls all changed during the 90's.

Biggest changes is the money and the Bosman ruling that has totally changed football from what it was in the 80's.

Â