Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They actually had a lot of this team last year.

Doherty, Saiss, Coady, Ivan Cavalero, Helder Costa all at Wolves last season when they struggled to even score goals.

Yes Neves and Diego Jota massively up their level but Nuno is getting far more out of Saiss and Doherty then Lambert even attempted to so deserves lots of credit for that.

Yes, thats all true, but confidence, plays a big part.

its usually one or two additions that light the touch paper, then the others all raise their game.

but yes Nuno has done a great job.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but would our manager get that performance and level from the Wolves players?

He would in his arse 

Maybe not, so bearing in mind, we haven't got their players......who do we replace him with....and would it be better.

Wolves have the money and they have chosen one of the  worlds most connected agents to assist them.....based on that, they have been able to attract a very progressive football manager.

We conversely was in a much worse position and dealt with our hand accordingly.

We are still in the championship and strapped by FFP.

unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat.......I'm not sure what options we realistically have....other than continuous slow development.

I don't see a fast track like Wolves have recently found....but bear in mind they have been down here for 6 years.

Edited by TRO

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They stretch the pitch so easily which we dont do. Its effective and intelligent from the wide players

Reminds me of when Barry-Petrov was our midfield combination and they could turn and ping 30 yard balls to Young to get him running at the right back.

27 minutes ago, a m ole said:

they really did not look THAT amazing today, beat a shit Birmingham side with a man advantage.

Are Neves and Jota going to be there next season?

I imagine as they’re promoted most of Wolves ‘luxury’ players will stay but half expect an exodus the following season if they perform well. 

They have an option to sign Jota from Atletico Madrid.

It makes sense for Neves to stay. Key part of the team and if he plays well next season he'll get a move to one of the bigger clubs whereas he moves this summer and he could be bench warming and so lose form again.

• Like 1

Neves will be at wolves at least another season . Fosun have already stated at the start of the season that getting wolves promoted is just the first phase of there project . From knowledgeable  sources inside the club who I have no reason to doubt , i have been told that wolves are going to spend big, and if you were shocked at the the likes of Ruben neves , boly and jota playing in the championship , you will be even more shocked at the calibre of player we will be bringing in to supplement the squad .

Fosun want to break into the top six which will in turn, make wolves a house hold name in China . With them already owning broadcasting rights to stream wolves games over there , breaking into the top 6 would really put them on the map . Yes that may be extremely difficult you may say with money and the pulling power of the top four ,  but when you look at how the likes of how well Burnley have done this season , with the money they have spent , I do think we stand a good chance with our wealth and our (advisor ) in Jorge Mendez . All the best in the play offs and hopefully  we get to lock horns again next season in the prem .

1 hour ago, Wolf man said:

Neves will be at wolves at least another season . Fosun have already stated at the start of the season that getting wolves promoted is just the first phase of there project . From knowledgeable  sources inside the club who I have no reason to doubt , i have been told that wolves are going to spend big, and if you were shocked at the the likes of Ruben neves , boly and jota playing in the championship , you will be even more shocked at the calibre of player we will be bringing in to supplement the squad .

Fosun want to break into the top six which will in turn, make wolves a house hold name in China . With them already owning broadcasting rights to stream wolves games over there , breaking into the top 6 would really put them on the map . Yes that may be extremely difficult you may say with money and the pulling power of the top four ,  but when you look at how the likes of how well Burnley have done this season , with the money they have spent , I do think we stand a good chance with our wealth and our (advisor ) in Jorge Mendez . All the best in the play offs and hopefully  we get to lock horns again next season in the prem .

you’re talking to the fans of the wrong club about grand ambitions for the future.

don’t get yourself too excited.

• Like 2

Wolves will be comfortable next season, beyond sixth position there isn't great quality in the premier league and pretty open for any team that wants it as Burnley have shown.

Breaking the top 6 straight away is a little bit ambitious I think, in terms of consistancy and results they're all on another level.

Arsenal have had a poor season and hardly win away yet still will get 60 + points this season and they're the weakest of that set.

4 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Top 6 :lol:

Good luck with that. You are good but not that good.

Everton have thrown money at it and can't get near the top 6. 

As well as Burnley have done, and they have been great, they are only that close to Arsenal because the gunners have been abysmal. They're unlikely to be that poor again. 

Breaking into the top 6 is a massive ask. Top 10 is feasible though. 

Yes theres no doubting top 6 is hard but what you have to remember is wolves have Mendez , and fosun have the financial wealth to back it up . Come the summer with the signings I've heard wolves are looking to make , I'm quite sure the odds at the bookies for wolves to finish top 6 will be dropping drastically .

Yes Everton have thrown money at it , so have many other clubs and failed due to the scatter gun approach on buying good players but not looking at how they would all gel and perform as a coherent unit within a team . fosun have learned this mistake the hard way I.e last year , and made sure they haven't made the same mistake again this season . There is also a bit of Lady Luck that you also need on your side as far as recruiting the right players , but I wouldn't say it's impossible. I'm sure every wolves fan would be happy with a comfortable mid table finish next season , but fosun obviously have a bigger aspirations and I wouldn't bet against them , especially when you look at where we were last Season compared to this one . 

Looking through Mendes list of clients(Andre Gray is definitely the odd one out) I wouldnt be surprised if pulled some more out of the bag. Maybe Goncalo Guedes or a Garay be interesting 

I think they will need bring in a quality centre back 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Looking through Mendes list of clients(Andre Gray is definitely the odd one out) I wouldnt be surprised if pulled some more out of the bag. Maybe Goncalo Guedes or a Garay be interesting 

I think they will need bring in a quality centre back 

Goncalo guedes and talisca are two of the players being mentioned .  Andre silva from ac Milan is also being highly mentioned, due to Nuno working with him previously to good effect . Hopefully villa can join us in the prem , so we can get our revenge for that 4-1 defeat you inflicted on us at your place . 

Considering the state that the bottom half of the Prem is in, top 10 should be very achievable with the players they have. No doubt they'll make a big signing or 2 to go with that.

No chance for top 6 though.

If wolves start getting all the good players for peanuts like they were this year and then selling their fir massive fees like expected to the big boys, it won’t take long for the likes of united and the other big boys to start complaining and saying foul play. If that happens only one winner there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If wolves start getting all the good players for peanuts like they were this year and then selling their fir massive fees like expected to the big boys, it won’t take long for the likes of united and the other big boys to start complaining and saying foul play. If that happens only one winner there.

It's ultimately  the selling club that sets and agrees the fees for which ever player is on the market , we can only negotiate a price ,  won't be any issues there , so yes only one winner , wolves 

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well they are doing top clubs a favour, United spend €50 million on Neves and he cant handle English football or wait a season and pay Wolves similar price

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well they are doing top clubs a favour, United spend €50 million on Neves and he cant handle English football or wait a season and pay Wolves similar price

Sorry, but you’ve lost me a bit here? How much did Wolves pay for Neves? Thought it was £15m? 

Are the likes of Man Utd unable/unwilling to pay £15m on a player who’s played champions league football but is untested in England?

Couldn’t they buy him, loan him out and if it doesn’t work out, sell him for a decent price (a bit like Chelsea did with lad who never played for them but they made a profit on him somehow)?

I see the sense in what you’re saying, but Wolves are most likely going to want at least twice as much for him now. Actually the way the market is now, let’s be honest Wolves will want probably closer to three times the value now. They’re not exactly short of cash.

• Like 2

Â