The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Yeah, sorry I got it the wrong way round.

If they do get promoted, they will be fined 100% equivalent of however much they're over the limit of loss allowed, so it will be around £60m I think as well as a transfer embargo.

If they don't go up, they will be under a transfer embargo until they get back to the compliancy limit I believe.

Coool, Redknapp has a dodgy hip or something so he'll probably use that as an excuse to retire given he'll be out of commission  then........

Exactly.

He's distancing himself from it already. And his meeja friends will back him up.

Thank god we've moved away from wages like that, absolutely ridiculous . But i have no sympathy for someone willing to give redknapp and hughes that much money and freedom to sign players. You'd have thought clubs would have looked at leeds and to a lesser extent us as proof that its not a good idea.

Saying that one of their shareholders (Mittal something) have a silly amount of money?

We over paid some players in our quest to break into the top 4, the big time and we fell short. 'Short' in this case still being on the Premier League gravy train.

QPR have massively overpaid on almost their entire squad just in order to avoid relegation. Knowing the repurcussions financially would be huge.

Villa's spending and QPR's are miles apart.

• Like 1

Cast your minds back to when saggy chops took over, he was banging on about how the club had had its "pants pulled down"* and he wouldn't sign anyone who would add to an inflated wage bill, then signed remy & samba

today, and quell surprise, saggy chops on tv saying he had no idea how financially screwed they was when he took over, cus that's the chairmans business

If Redknob doesn't get them up this season then surely the media wank fest over him will stop.

Nope

He'll bail out in the summer citing his "injury".

Then the club will slowly crumble as a result of the overspending and the media will say how well Redknapp was doing simply to keep them afloat, let alone challenge for the playoffs.

He'll be gone at just the right time, as always. Just as the club falls off the cliff.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure our wage bill was higher than Dortmund's as well (it may well still be).

Possibly, I don't know. I doubt it myself now. But as has been pointed out, we got burned by reckless spending in the hunt for 4th place. The chase for the big time. We're still in the PL, where most of the teams have a higher wage bill than Dortmund.

QPR are still spending.

• Like 1

Cast your minds back to when saggy chops took over, he was banging on about how the club had had its "pants pulled down"* and he wouldn't sign anyone who would add to an inflated wage bill, then signed remy & samba

today, and quell surprise, saggy chops on tv saying he had no idea how financially screwed they was when he took over, cus that's the chairmans business

Redknapp is a man of integrity though, he wouldn't lie.

The courts have already proven this and that he didn't know that his dog was paying money into an off shore account to avoid tax.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure our wage bill was higher than Dortmund's as well (it may well still be).

The last credible figures for Dortmund's wage bill was from 2011/2012, when it was reportedly €79m, which is about £65.5m at today's rates or £66m at 2012 rates. (sauce)

Since then I would guess their wage bill has gone up while ours has gone down. 

Â