The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Steve Mclaren has done decent jobs at Middlesbrough and a few other clubs on the mainland, but how the hell with the crop of players he had,  did he fail to get England to the Euros in 2008. Terry, Rooney, Ferdinand, Lampard, gerrard, campbell, both coles etc etc. Awesome group of players and he couldn't even get them to 2nd place in the group. The jury is still out with regards to the wally with the brolly.

He also was probably 1st and only England manager to pick players on form. cant remember any other manager have went with Richards, Barry or Heskey when in good form and playing for in media terms "unfashionable" clubs.

Sven picked Chris Powell, Danny Mills. Michael Ricketts and Zat Knight. He also picked players in form playing for unfashionable clubs. ;)

Still better than Roy "I only pick players that play or have played for Liverpool" Hodgson.

According to my Spurs mate, Parker's legs are gone. He was a liability last season. So no, it sounds like Fulham and West Ham wouldn't want him.

• 1 month later...

I see 'Arry is trapping off about other teams players again on the BBC website.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp ahead of Saturday's Championship trip to Huddersfield: "It's amazing how all of a sudden players who want to leave pick up mystery injuries - it happened here this summer.

"I think it would be wishful thinking regarding Defoe! I've signed him so many times, but it will be a very difficult one for us.

"I am interested in trying to loan Assaidi from Liverpool, but I'm not quite sure where we're at with that one at the moment."

• 1 month later...

I know you guys on here don't like Harry Redknapp, but I am currently reading extracts from his book in the Daily Mail, I have to be honest, it is an amazing read. I am tempted to buy it.

I don't think there's many keen on the Daily Heil either. Redknapp fits right in there.

I know you guys on here don't like Harry Redknapp, but I am currently reading extracts from his book in the Daily Mail, I have to be honest, it is an amazing read. I am tempted to buy it.

Not sure if I dislike him or the paper more

I'm not a fan of Redknapp and hate the Daily Mail but from the extracts I've read about it, it sounds like it could be very good. The story about Kenwyne Jones and the fan who came on for Lee Chapman were priceless

Â