The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

There was a lot of interesting chatter about QPR and the impact promotion will have on them on the latest Football Weekly Podcast. Basically how going up could be terrible for them as they have a very expensive, but relatively crap squad and a potential £50m hole in the balance sheet with the FFP penalty (they can keep appealing but it will have to be paid at some point). It will be extremely interesting to see what happens to them next year, there is already a lot of speculation about them signing Rio which indicates lessons haven't been learned at Loftus Road.

I read earlier that they want to sign Joe Cole, Cashley, Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard. Utter madness.

I saw that as well (well, not Cashley, but the other 3). Wouldn't surprise me! 

He said the same stuff when he took over at QPR

Stuff like clubs shouldn't sign players on big wages when they have such small stadiums.

Then he went and signed Chris Samba on 100k a week

Not that that's his fault of course. He knew nothing about it.

The Samba transfer was dodgy... Anzi couldn't wait to sell... got £12m... then few months later by him back for the same amount! 

FFS

Going to have to look at that twitchy eyed wheeler and dealer for the next 12 months now

Can't wait to see him hanging out his land rover door tapping up just about every other team's player 

Wait and see he will come sniffing round us the amount of players we have who's contracts are nearly up will have him salivating

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

There was a lot of interesting chatter about QPR and the impact promotion will have on them on the latest Football Weekly Podcast. Basically how going up could be terrible for them as they have a very expensive, but relatively crap squad and a potential £50m hole in the balance sheet with the FFP penalty (they can keep appealing but it will have to be paid at some point). It will be extremely interesting to see what happens to them next year, there is already a lot of speculation about them signing Rio which indicates lessons haven't been learned at Loftus Road.

I read earlier that they want to sign Joe Cole, Cashley, Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard. Utter madness.

I saw that as well (well, not Cashley, but the other 3). Wouldn't surprise me!

He said the same stuff when he took over at QPR

Stuff like clubs shouldn't sign players on big wages when they have such small stadiums.

Then he went and signed Chris Samba on 100k a week

Not that that's his fault of course. He knew nothing about it.

The Samba transfer was dodgy... Anzi couldn't wait to sell... got £12m... then few months later by him back for the same amount!

Yes, I bet Tony went over there with a suitcase full of cash!

Tony Fernandes: "he [Redknapp] is already talking about signing new players for next season"

Redknapp: "I haven't even started thinking about next season yet"

• Like 1

FFS

Going to have to look at that twitchy eyed wheeler and dealer for the next 12 months now

Can't wait to see him hanging out his land rover door tapping up just about every other team's player 

Wait and see he will come sniffing round us the amount of players we have who's contracts are nearly up will have him salivating

He can have them.

• 4 weeks later...

Queens Park Rangers are set to sign Rio Ferdinand, while they have also agreed a fee for his fellow central defender Steven Caulker.

Ferdinand, 35, is expected to join on a free transfer after his release from Manchester United.

A bid for Cardiff City captain Caulker, 22, has been accepted but Rangers will face opposition from other clubs.

Harry Redknapp's side were promoted to the Premier League last season and the manager is keen to reshape his squad.

Cardiff paid around £9m for him so I am guessing he has a release clause around there.

That would be around £20m in transfer fees, and another signing on fee to join a mediocre club. He is rubbish and all.

Personally, I think they should be allowed to spend whatever they want to spend. Why should we want the status quo maintained?

Agreed, the rich stay at the top and the poor at the bottom, that is all financial fair play is.

• Like 1

Personally, I think they should be allowed to spend whatever they want to spend. Why should we want the status quo maintained?

Agreed, the rich stay at the top and the poor at the bottom, that is all financial fair play is.

Sounds like Tory Britain.

They don't have to pay it unless they're relegated though. The football league is unrelated to the premier league and the pl says they'll not be enforcing fines from the fl with their clubs. Edited by P3te

Â