The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

They have 14 games to catch 9 points, with one game in hand. It's absolutely doable, but I sure as hell hope they fail to promote!

You have Man City and Chelsea, and we have to say, they have built their way to success in a very professional manner. They have built their squads by spending huge amounts of money and forking out big paydays, but they have also built infrastructure and set themselves to earn big money for the next twenty years. QPR, not so much. Forking out cash to mediocre players, not thinking about the cohesion and even relegating in the progress. And what do they have now? They are behind in the hunt for promotion, a lot of shitty players on high wages and insane debt levels. Actually, spending so much money and ending up with a team like that is pretty much the worst job I have ever seen in modern football.

Good luck, they're going to need it and I'll be laughing all the way.

Thank god we've moved away from wages like that, absolutely ridiculous . But i have no sympathy for someone willing to give redknapp and hughes that much money and freedom to sign players. You'd have thought clubs would have looked at leeds and to a lesser extent us as proof that its not a good idea.

Saying that one of their shareholders (Mittal something) have a silly amount of money?

Here is the Twitter exchange that came from: (link)

Rafa Honigstein of The Guardian pointing out that QPR spent more on wages last season than Borussia Dortmund did...

• Like 1

These losses are from the 12/13 season, imagine what their losses will be like at the end of this season, with a similar wage bill & without the premier league monies?

They still have parachute payments but yeah they've added the likes of Dunney, Niko Krankjaer and Benayoun since the season started who'll be on more than a fiver a week.

What I want to know is how this fits in with financial fair play, surely they'll get a sanction?

Mark Hughes arguably signed even more dross when you see Boswinga,Park, Holliet, Zamora and Andy Johnson all came in under his watch at least.

Although I get the feeling Kia Joorabichan was more behind some of those given Hughes has made cheaper signings at Stoke.

The ffp states

"Any team remaining in the second tier that falls foul of FFP rules will be subject to a transfer embargo until they can prove their financial results are in line with the regulations, while a team promoted to the top flight will be subject to a fine, which is operated on a sliding scale"

• Like 1

Â