The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

And strangely enough with the new bottom five budget, we are finishing near there too.

So you criticise Lerner for letting things get out of control yet when he tries to sort it out you still have a go at him.

He can't win.

And strangely enough with the new bottom five budget, we are finishing near there too.

So you criticise Lerner for letting things get out of control yet when he tries to sort it out you still have a go at him.

He can't win.

You made the point that over-slending leads to debt. I'm pointing out that under spending can also lead to near relegation.

Lerner has gone from one extreme to another, it is Jekyll and Hyde management.

But one usually goes in hand with the other.

If you massively overspend, you're going to need to massively underspend too at some point aren't you? 

That way, you can average the spending out.. 

It's not rocket science.

• Like 2

If you massively overspend, you're going to need to massively underspend too at some point aren't you? 

It's not rocket science.

Exactly.png

It's not rocket science.

But that isn't the point.

The point is that Lerner should have realised his limits at the start, kept control in the middle and set manageable budgets.

He didn't even set a wage budget we could stick to and that was a similar budget per position.

He had no control from start to finish, you are making out that he cane in to spend large and then spend less. He came in, over spent and then ripped that all apart. There is ZERO benefit!

Edited by dodgyknees

It's not rocket science.

The point is that Lerner should have realised his limits at the start, kept control in the middle and set manageable budgets.

He didn't even set a wage budget we could stick to and that was a similar budget per position.

He had no control from start to finish, you are making out that he cane in to spend large and then spend less. He came in, over spent and then ripped that all apart. There is ZERO benefit!

He didn't.

So what should he have done instead when he finally realised his mistake? Just keep spending like before?

It's not rocket science.

He didn't.

So what should he have done instead when he finally realised his mistake? Just keep spending like before?

I didn't say that. He has no choice because of his own terrible mistakes (money, managers, budgets) and deserves criticism and should sell as soon as possible. Unfortunately he has great PR and doesn't recieve the criticisms you and others have been making of the QPR chairman.

FWIW I really like Fernandes and I think he has suffered the same fate as RL i.e. being naïvely trusting and generous at the start. Only TF has done it to a greater degree and put his faith in 2 worse managers and now has far worse consequences. We arrested our slide in time and recovered it. Yes we sailed close to the wind but we got away with it. I choose to believe out of judgement rather than out of luck. QPR didn't.

FWIW I really like Fernandes and I think he has suffered the same fate as RL i.e. being naïvely trusting and generous at the start. Only TF has done it to a greater degree and put his faith in 2 worse managers and now has far worse consequences. We arrested our slide in time and recovered it. Yes we sailed close to the wind but we got away with it. I choose to believe out of judgement rather than out of luck. QPR didn't.

We were indeed lucky. One good thing Lerner did was listen to the fans over Lambert. Now he needs to back him - and I mean give him a little more room. Lambert with decent backing will win us cups. Lerner deserves praise for getting him in.

I didn't say that. He has no choice because of his own terrible mistakes (money, managers, budgets) and deserves criticism and should sell as soon as possible. Unfortunately he has great PR and doesn't recieve the criticisms you and others have been making of the QPR chairman.

He made some really bad mistakes but he's been trying to rectify it while also bringing in a good manager. It's time to move on.

He made some really bad mistakes but he's been trying to rectify it while also bringing in a good manager. It's time to move on.

I'll move on when we have evidence he is backing the manager to get the targets he wants. No sooner and no later. If we sell Benteke and he gives the money for the benefit of the team, I will applaud him.

I will "move on" when it is justified, not before.

I can't believe Julio Cesar is still there tbh, I see he was linked to Man. City in January, that would make sense.

He's supposed to be actually "injured" but I don't believe that for a second. I imagine his contract stated he could leave if they got relegated so he's freezing himself out now they've gone down.

Was Brazil's number one during the confed cup, has he played in any of their recent games?

They beat Honduras 5-0 today and he was a sub.

So he's either refusing to play or there's a clause in his contract that states he can skip championship games? Just can't believe feasibily the Brazil number one at the world cup can't get in the QPR team!

I can't believe Julio Cesar is still there tbh, I see he was linked to Man. City in January, that would make sense.

He's supposed to be actually "injured" but I don't believe that for a second. I imagine his contract stated he could leave if they got relegated so he's freezing himself out now they've gone down.

Was Brazil's number one during the confed cup, has he played in any of their recent games?

They beat Honduras 5-0 today and he was a sub.

So he's either refusing to play or there's a clause in his contract that states he can skip championship games? Just can't believe feasibily the Brazil number one at the world cup can't get in the QPR team!

It might be a case of QPR wanting him off the wage bill and him wanting to leave but not take a pay cut. See who blinks first with the WC a few months away.

Even the Harry haters can see he did a good job at Spurs.

Absolutely. It's his biggest achievement, what he did at Spurs.

But we're talking about a manager who's had a 30 year career, and is hailed by the media and a baffling amount of fans for being a very good manager.

Yet the best period of his career was "a good job at Spurs". He's hardly Bill Shankly is he?

• 3 months later...
Â