January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

What did Lambert say to give you that impression? I've not seen the interview.

The interview was quite a while ago, sorry i cant remember word for word exactly what he said but it was somewhere in the lines of this: (after a loss the reporter asked when are you going to start signing new players because the team looked poor *he wasnt that brutal that he said we were poor but he implied it in a nicer kind of way* then Lambert said the team lacked strength and thats what he wanted to address this transfer window. Then he said we'll start to look at bringing in players once the bradford games out of the way.

I watched the interview on my ps3, theres this thing for ps3 called "bbc sport player" (no, not iplayer) and it shows the full post match interviews. whereas MOTD just shows certain parts...

We really need to appoint a DoF so badly

Or perhaps someone apart from Faulkner who knows intimately the world of football. Even if appoint a DoF Faulkner is still going to be involved ; he’s here to stop any naughty MON style behaviour. So no more Beye’s or NRC. But also no more Young’s, Milner’s or Downings.

I thought he meant after the previous Bradford game?

So did i at first. but just think about it... in the last transfer window he bought Benteke (his most expensive signing) on the last day. Now its january teams ramp up their players prices, so Lambert obviously wants to leave it right until the deadline so he can get the most out of his small budget. (ive read in numerous newspapers that claim his only got a budget of 10m)

Sir GT as DoF to guide the club and help Lambert who is out of his depth just now

He needs some help

Great idea, Taylor, a manager famed for signing lower league players and bringing through kids is just the man to guide our manager, famed for signing lower league players and bringing through kids.

Taylor isn't the answer, dof don't work in England, and I very much doubt Lambert is the sort of man to accept having someone looking over his shoulder.

Now its january teams ramp up their players prices, so Lambert obviously wants to leave it right until the deadline so he can get the most out of his small budget.

If he does that and we continue to rotate the current crop of midfielders we have until the end of this month then it is highly likely we will not pick up another point this month. Had we have had a proven at this level defensive centre midfielder and centre back in the team against Southampton we would I believe already be 3 points better off. If we continue to **** about as we are and not urgently make the signings we clearly desperately need I can see us looking back at this month and the delay in making signings as a pivotal reason we went down.

We might save a mill or 2 by waiting till the last couple of days to make our signings but that delay could well cost us another 6 points and that could easily be the difference between survival and relegation.

• Like 1

I'd take James Tomkins here, always rated him

From Wiki:

Tomkins was linked with a £4 million move to both Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle United of the Premier League, but the speculation soon ended about his future when he signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal at West Ham on 21 January running until summer 2016.[13] After signing he also proved his commitment and love for the club by saying "I'm a local boy and have come through the ranks at the club and loyalty is a far bigger currency to me than money"

Still much better than your Michael Johnson troll yesterday...

If you have to ask, there really is no hope for you

I have no idea, I think this player is superb

From Wiki:

Tomkins was linked with a £4 million move to both Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle United of the Premier League, but the speculation soon ended about his future when he signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal at West Ham on 21 January running until summer 2016.[13] After signing he also proved his commitment and love for the club by saying "I'm a local boy and have come through the ranks at the club and loyalty is a far bigger currency to me than money"

Still much better than your Michael Johnson troll yesterday...

Oh right didn't know that, thanks for posting, I think he is superb