January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

He was very interested in coming to Villa when ONeil was sniffing around a few years back.

Let's face the truth. We are in need of experience now! And we don't have a big bag of cash... Karl Henry has proven to be a feared and loyal team player in the premier league for our rivals Wolves. OK, He's not the most gifted player in England, but he gives everything and he never gives up without a fight. So he's got his share of red cards, but I think that is a thing of the past... He is now older and wiser. But most importantly, he is a natural leader on and off the field.

And that is what we are lacking the most right now. He can be the one which the younger boys can lean to. This is not so much about the players technical quality - it's all about leadership and experience. Karls got plenty! AND he's been in relegation turmoil before... :)

Even Danny Murphy (Blackburn) or "unknown" Keith Andrews (Bolton) could do the same for us... They are obvious leaders and will lead by example.

Problem is we needed players in for Southampton and WBA and Newcastle , we are running out of games and are in the bottom 3 in case you hadn't noticed. I guess fans have just been worn down over this last 3 years to the point now where there is little interest, fight, belief or emotion anymore

I have noticed, I'm just not going to decry that we haven't brought anyone every 30 seconds, its just not worth it... yet.

Sky Sports understands Aston Villa and Fulham are chasing Dutch hot-shot Jeroen Lumu.

The 17-year-old currently plies his trade for Willem II and is regarded as one of the best young prospects in Holland.

Lumu has already broken into the Willem II first-team this season and he has scored one goal in six appearances.

The starlet's emergence has alerted a number of clubs across Europe with Fulhamspacer.gif and Villa keeping tabs on him.

The £1million-rated attacker is thought to have linked up with Wolves for a training stint as Dean Saundersspacer.gif weighs up a move for Lumu.

However, Fulham and Villa are both waiting in the wings and could make a move for Lumu as they look to land the exciting forward.

Sky Sports

One for the future.

Edited by VillaRoy

No I am not but Im guessing you some old condesedning old fart by your tone.

I knew they would be cup tied but if they cant play from them if they were signed to us.

Instead of putting people down all the time trying to look big perhaps like Daweii think about what is being suggested.

I guess your not up to out of the box thinking

Sorry if I have offended you I should have put a smiley face at the end of my assumption. My hands up - I didn't realise you were being sarcastic!

Your obviously older than 14 then going by this reply. :P

At lunchtime on the 1st of Jan you are 0.5 days through the window not 1.5.

At lunchtime on the 14th of Jan you are 13.5 days through the window not 14.5.

You could argue thou that deals can be done before the window starts, they just can't be registered or play until the window opens. For example PSG signed Lucas Moura a long while ago so he could join them as soon as the window opened. Lambert and Lerner had all the first half of the season to make deals but haven't managed to do so

One for the future.

Well, he's a prospect but certainly not one of the best young prospects in Holland. He's not a starter yet for the worst team in the Eredivisie and he's very very lightweight. He's a left winger but can also play right wing. I believe he was part of the Euro U17 team that became European champions this year but I don't think he was a starter there as well. He really is a player that needs to grow in the Eredivisie for a few years before he's physically able to cope with the Premier League.

2011/12 Willem II 8 1 Eerste divisie 2012/13 Willem II 7 1 Eredivisie Total: 15 2

At lunchtime on the 1st of Jan you are 0.5 days through the window not 1.5.

At lunchtime on the 14th of Jan you are 13.5 days through the window not 14.5.

exactly and that's how we know that zero is the first letter of the alphabet.

what happened to dale stephens being "holed up" in brum by the way? there really is not much mention of us getting anyone that sounds even remotely like a deal being done is there?

Okay none taken.

But I have noticed my spelling and grammer went out the window when I was typing the reply in a miffed state of mind.

Sorry if I have offended you I should have put a smiley face at the end of my assumption. My hands up - I didn't realise you were being sarcastic!

Your obviously older than 14 then going by this reply. :P