January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Does that not also apply to anyone who says "we're going to be fine."

I assume you'll be telling them they don't know what's going on behind the scenes and have no basis to suggest such things

Yep - it's ridiculous to claim anything when the info isn't available.

The only thing we've really got to go on is what Lambert's said and arguably stories in the press. Both of which state that we're looking to get players in.

27 years old, 156 Premier league games, 36 goals and 25 assists for Chelsea is not bad considering he came on as a sub many times. I think he can do well for Villa on the left wing. He's quick and good on the counter, drags in two defenders and would link up well with Benteke I guess.

I absolutely agree. Anyone saying Kalou isn't good enough for us is living in a dream world.

I very much doubt he's on 30k, he certainly was on a lot more at Chelsea

He earns 2 million Euro's per season at Lille. I don't think he was on a lot more at Chelsea. They signed him when he was pretty young and only renewed his contract once. He was probably on similar wages at Chelsea as well.

Edited by Feyenoord

27 years old, 156 Premier league games, 36 goals and 25 assists for Chelsea is not bad considering he came on as a sub many times. I think he can do well for Villa on the left wing. He's quick and good on the counter, drags in two defenders and would link up well with Benteke I guess.

I absolutely agree. Anyone saying Kalou isn't good enough for us is living in a dream world.

I don't doubt that he would improve us, because we have basically nothing, but I feel he is exactly the type of player QPR signed at the start of the season, bit part player at a much bigger club and his best days are behind him, then I feel we would be unable to sell him off.

Our average age was 23 years or something for the last match or other (shows how much i am concerned on the age thing)

People are saying it is too young. Gareth Bale is 23, is he too young then?

I follow what you're saying Richard, but he is s urrounded by highly experienced Premier League players, We have 8 players 23 and under, it's too many all at once.

Feyenoord on the previous page said that that's what he's on anyway.

Fair enough, still won't be able to afford it

Apparently Henke has been scouting FC Basel for us recently. Dragovic (CB) and Stocker (LM) were two players he might have been looking at.

According to what?

Our average age was 23 years or something for the last match or other (shows how much i am concerned on the age thing)

People are saying it is too young. Gareth Bale is 23, is he too young then?

did you hear Staunton on Goals on Sunday this week talking about Villa?

" If they are old enough, then they are good enough"

idiot

actually maybe he has accidentally revealed Lambert's genius philosophy

we're ****

Agreed but the transfer fee was similar

I don't think that'll matter.

We're not even actually linked with him anyway, so this is all hypothetical and irrelevant.

We'll see come the end of the window what happens anyway - no point arguing until things are final.