January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Is it vital we have players today? Not sure myself just asking

Not really. Even if nothing is announced players could still be doing the Villa Park tour or looking round the training ground as we speak.

Anyway, what do people think of the ex-Barca pair Romeu and Rochina? Would they have the ability to make a difference in Prem scrap?

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Bruma Cavanda

Romeu Westwood

Weimann Rochina Agbonlahor

Benteke

Romeu on loan to buy, Rochina probably buyable, Cavanda just because I like the idea of him but Bruma probably unavailable until the end of his loan in Germany

Is it vital we have players today? Not sure myself just asking

No. We needed them at the beginning of last week so that they could have settled in and played v Southampton. We lost that game and it's a significant loss as we are now in the R zone.

We need players for WBA . I'm inclined to think that won't happen.

We are sleepwalking into the championship

• Like 1

Not really. Even if nothing is announced players could still be doing the Villa Park tour or looking round the training ground as we speak.

Anyway, what do people think of the ex-Barca pair Romeu and Rochina? Would they have the ability to make a difference in Prem scrap?

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Bruma Cavanda

Romeu Westwood

Weimann Rochina Agbonlahor

Benteke

Romeu on loan to buy, Rochina probably buyable, Cavanda just because I like the idea of him but Bruma probably unavailable until the end of his loan in Germany

Romeu is injured, not sure why Chelsea would consider selling him at all, or why he would consider coming here.

I do like Rochina.

No. We needed them at the beginning of last week so that they could have settled in and played v Southampton. We lost that game and it's a significant loss as we are now in the R zone.

We need players for WBA . I'm inclined to think that won't happen.

We are sleepwalking into the championship

Agreed

We don't need any more young players, we need players that can slot straight into the first team, experienced players that have been there and done it

We don't need any more young players, we need players that can slot straight into the first team, experienced players that have been there and done it

We need to sign good players that have sell-on value. If we desperately sign players who are going to do a job for 12 months and then be a financial burden on the club for the 3 years after that we'll just end up going round in circles.

I couldn't care less how old they are as long as they are good.

Age is irrelevant.

• Like 1

Salomon Kalou can leave Lille for next to nothing. They signed him on a free transfer from Chelsea in the summer but they need to cut down costs. Kalou is one of the highest earners with 2 million Euro's per season (Around 30.000 pounds per week).

http://en.wikipedia....i/Salomon_Kalou

Don't think he is worth it myself Feyenoord, seemed to be a great man to score a 5th goal in a 5-0 win for Chelsea, wouldn't like to see him here myself.

Our average age was 23 years or something for the last match or other (shows how much i am concerned on the age thing)

People are saying it is too young. Gareth Bale is 23, is he too young then?

You really don't have any basis for that comment - you have no idea what they're doing behind the scenes, nobody besides the people involved themselves do.

Does that not also apply to anyone who says "we're going to be fine."

I assume you'll be telling them they don't know what's going on behind the scenes and have no basis to suggest such things

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Don't think he is worth it myself Feyenoord, seemed to be a great man to score a 5th goal in a 5-0 win for Chelsea, wouldn't like to see him here myself.

27 years old, 156 Premier league games, 36 goals and 25 assists for Chelsea is not bad considering he came on as a sub many times. I think he can do well for Villa on the left wing. He's quick and good on the counter, drags in two defenders and would link up well with Benteke I guess.

Edited by Feyenoord

Our average age was 23 years or something for the last match or other (shows how much i am concerned on the age thing)

To a certain extent I agree Rich but on the other hand I do think we need an older, experienced, calmer player to settle the younger lads down a bit. Petrov would be ideal at this moment in time, he's turning out to be a big loss.

:) we should've signed him when he left Southampton