January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Does that not also apply to anyone who says "we're going to be fine."

I assume you'll be telling them they don't know what's going on behind the scenes and have no basis to suggest such things

I dont think anyone is saying we will be fine to be fair mate, I think people just have faith that players will be brought in or at least are being attempted to be brought in. Lambert has acknowledged the need to improve and bring players in so its a little more to go off than absolutely nothing and making shit up like some are.

It's embarrassing

Almost as embarrassing as the suggestion Karl Henry would be a good buy :)

This transfer window has shown every single fan that our club AVFC is an utter utter disgrace and I mean everything the owner the ceo the manager and the playing staff we are going to get out rewqards next season playing burnley and ipswich. I am absolutely sick and tired of no transfer dealings we are in touble big big touble Randy dont you get newspapers in the states you investment is about to fail. We need 6 players in we are poor I never in a million years thought we would get 0 yes 0 I did mean 0 points against Soton, Wigan at home and as for the 3-1 humiliation at Bradford Lets get the following in

Douglas

Sissoko ( He aint gunna get 75k aweek anywhere)

David bentley

Aubayemang

heitinga

reo coker( until end of season)

Just get it done lerner and lambert you utter utter idiots

Yep - it's ridiculous to claim anything when the info isn't available.

The only thing we've really got to go on is what Lambert's said and arguably stories in the press. Both of which state that we're looking to get players in.

I'm just going on the facts as they stand on the evening of January 14 2013.

No signings so far this window.

Beaten at home again at the weekend by our main rivals.

Heading into a derby this weekend where we need points and it's not looking like we'll be doing any business.

Our head scout has resigned less than 6 months into the role to join a division 2 German side.

We are now in the relegation zone.

No signings does not imply that we're not doing anything. Still, the 'efforts' going on behind the scenes really do need to show some sort of output very soon.

Failure to sign players that can go into our immediate first team and improve us could well see us going down this season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

People are making way too much about Henke moving on. It seems to me that scouting is a fairly transient sort of gig, toward the bottom of the totem pole in terms of football jobs. I would guess people working as scouts until they are offered coaching or managing jobs would be a pretty common occurrence in the football world, not some great symbol of the Villa's slide into ineptitude.

People are making way too much about Henke moving on. It seems to me that scouting is a fairly transient sort of gig, toward the bottom of the totem pole in terms of football jobs. I would guess people working as scouts until they are offered coaching or managing jobs would be a pretty common occurrence in the football world, not some great symbol of the Villa's slide into ineptitude.

Exactly. When or if Henke actually does leave it will be funny watching people spin this against the club but the fact is him leaving will be down to his desire to get into coaching again. If he was leaving to scout for another team then I'd be worried.

I'd quite like to hear something from the Club to give us something to cling to, ie "We continue to make efforts to strengthen the squad during this transfer window".

If we're not signing anyone or there is no money then tell us as well so I can prepare my noose.

• Like 1

Lambert has already said on multiple occasions that he is working on making additions...what more needs to be said? Do people want a dossier that includes every single one of our targets, including what we are willing to pay and what wages we can afford to them? Patience...

Edited by LockStockVilla