January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

So DS update

He's being quite guarded about it all and not giving anything away now. His exact words were 'he'll find out when we do' whatever that means.

He confirmed that he is still in contact with Villa about a potential move so its not dead by any means.

That's all I could get. One thing I must say from the info that Hairyhands has on the Stpehens transfer in the summer he definitely has access to some info because he was spot on.

Conspiracy theories aside, what has happened with Dale Stephens?

I thought that was a done deal according to some?

*edit* didn't see above

Edited by jim

All the doom and gloom on this site is well and truely annoying. It was only a month ago people were saying we only needed a creative midfielder! Now we need a whole team. The the team we have and the way the league is we were bound to hit a rough patch of form. If we get a result on sat (I won't be betting on one though) everything could change! We need 3 players a defender because Dunne is injured and leaving in the summer, a strong, athletic midfielder that can retain possession and a Creative midfielder. If we get these and they bed in nicely we will be laughing, if we don't we will be sweating. I still have faith in lambert and this young side though they can turn this around. We have seen some good football and a few good results. Like beating Citeh, inform norwich and Swansea, Liverpool too.

Got a feeling we will get a quality player or two in this window, and a defender seems to be the priority.

I just can't get that excited over Stephens. While I'm sure he has potential I don't see him coming in and being the difference between the shit we're watching and us winning games.

At best I think he'll look a decent player like Westwood but not have much impact on the team and at worse he's another Joe Bennet.

• Like 1

I just can't get that excited over Stephens. While I'm sure he has potential I don't see him coming in and being the difference between the shit we're watching and us winning games.

At best I think he'll look a decent player like Westwood but not have much impact on the team and at worse he's another Joe Bennet.

Can't really argue with that

i also agree, surely we can find a higher profile name for such an important position?

I know it's only 10 days into the window but this is getting infuriating. To be honest, if Hairy Hands hadn't have come out and said Randy wont give Lambert the cash he wants, i'd still be expecting us to spend about 20m on some quality players who would come in and change our team instantly. Doesn't necessarily have to be experienced, just quality. We have a distinct lack of quality in midfield. We're so desperate for a ball winning midfielder it's painful, there's no point buying an average midfielder now and then getting a better one in the summer when the wages have been lowered. We may as well just get the quality one now. A ball winning midfielder could literally be the difference between us staying up and going down.

I don't really get this "had no impact" thing. Westwood has had an impact. At the moment he's by far our best central midfielder. That's not saying much but it's still a positive impact. I'd rather Westwood in there than Delph.

Well we need to do something..i throught it would be bad if we lose to Soton.But we go to WBA and lose things will get v nasty.

Personally at this stage they should use what ever was going to be the summers budget.

Failing that loans ..gota be some players we can bring in short term to help us.

Well we need to do something..i throught it would be bad if we lose to Soton.But we go to WBA and lose things will get v nasty.

Personally at this stage they should use what ever was going to be the summers budget.

Failing that loans ..gota be some players we can bring in short term to help us.