January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Not sure if anyone has uploaded this before, http://tinyurl.com/asmcffd it is supposedly all of the out of contract players at the end of the season.

The players I wouldn't mind taking are; Frimpong, Chris Brunt and Hangeland

As VERB27 says if these players can talk to clubs now then why aren't we talking to them. Obviously not the high wage earners but players like:

Turnbull as back up to Guzan

Hangeland

Danny Simpson

Gera

Brunt

Frimpong

Figueroa

Di Santo

All would definitely improve our squad.

No one seems to have picked up on the car in the players area today with joey b as the number plate then.

In the Marseille squad for their game this afternoon, so highly unlikely he was at VP yesterday. We can breathe easy.

• Like 1

As VERB27 says if these players can talk to clubs now then why aren't we talking to them. Obviously not the high wage earners but players like:

Hangeland

Danny Simpson

Gera

Brunt

Frimpong

Figueroa

Di Santo

hangelaand and frimpong maybe. disagree on the rest. di santo is tripe. gera too old now not worth it.brunt has a bit of the hitz about him, one trick not alot else. Simpson is shit and dont need turnball hes useless.

theres probably other clubs fans and other clubs looking at us and seeing who of our players contracts are up in the summer

hangeland and frimpong for sure, although theyll probably sign new contracts, but tbh, id take most of them, theyve got to be better than what weve got at the moment

Sadly Palacios seems to have been seriously affected by tragic personal issues and has never found his Spurs form. He's also got to be on 40k+/week so can't see us going for him.

Stick with young players from abroad. Let's hope our scout can unearth some quality in this window.

• Like 1

random question

would any of you welcome craig gardner back if it meant ireland going the other way?

Craig has cracking shot but not much else of note, would rather sell Ireland and get someone with flair and creativity instead of Gardner.

Dale Stephens played in the cup for Charlton yesterday and James Chester was on the bench for Hull, so maybe these two deals are far from complete or maybe we are no longer after them (if we even were)

Because I'm wasting time I checked if Stephens played in the league cup for Charlton. They got nocked out by Leyton Orient and he did not play, so at least he's not cup tied in that one (if he comes!)

Because I'm wasting time I checked if Stephens played in the league cup for Charlton. They got nocked out by Leyton Orient and he did not play, so at least he's not cup tied in that one (if he comes!)

Stephens would indeed be eligable to play against Bradford in the League Cup if he were signed and registered in time (midday Monday?) however, he'd be cup tied for the FA Cup having played in the 1-0 home defeat by Huddersfield.

Hangeland

Danny Simpson

Gera

Brunt

Frimpong

Figueroa

Di Santo

I've always been a fan of Gera but didn't he get a nasty injury yesterday?

Hangeland

Danny Simpson

Gera

Brunt

Frimpong

Figueroa

Di Santo

They can only talk to clubs in another league with 6 months reminaing on their contract - officially. This is why we knew officially about Holman, but the club could not comment on the above even if we were talking to them.

It is also why you hear about Lampard and Cole maybe talking to PSG, LA Galaxy et al, but the only rumours about them with Premier League clubs is on cut price deals in January.

I have no idea why this rule exists, but it does.

Sebastian Wallace@producerwallace

Got a text from a reliable source last night saying Danny Graham is close to a move to #avfc. Wages only potential stumbling block however.

I saw something last night about us after Danny Graham.... good striker but isn't he exactly the same as DB9 but can hold the ball up?

Edited by Mattyp_avfc