January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

We must buy a CB this month, Lambert has just said after the game that he expects Vlaar to be out for a "couple more weeks"..

crazy, he has been out for a long long time we can't rely on him coming back to save us.. must buy another CB.

I agree. Even against Ipswich today we were at times all over the place at the back. The sooner we buy a decent centre back and a defensive centre midfielder the better other wise we will continue to ship plenty of goals.

James Collins two goals and MOTM against Man U. We could have used him this season.

please god no. Please don't look back on him with rosé tinted glasses. The majority were glad he left and with good reason
  • Like 1

bored of people saying we've signed Stephens, not one actual credible link out there - even the black listed sites haven't linked us to him. It's like the Peter Whittingham thing all over again.

So if the papers haven't linked us with somebody we're obviously not signing them?

Iv watched virtually every west ham game this season, my friends a hammers fan and aslong as villa dont play same time i watch the game with him. Collins has done what he has always done. Been good at the backs against the wall heading / tackling but his positioning and passing and general mistakes are all there still. He cost them a couple of weeks back with a horror pass back.

He is shite. End of.

So if the papers haven't linked us with somebody we're obviously not signing them?

the papers make up plenty of nonsense, but they are (sometimes) closer to the truth than a ten year old anonymously posting on twitter as ITK to get attention.

One question no one has answered is why Lambert didn't buy Stephens in the summer? If he went with Westwood instead who did well, why go back in for Stephens? Not saying i don't think we should sign him at all, just saying.

If it wasn't obvious before, today showed we badly need new and better players, not just more of what we already have.

We beat Ipswich, big whoop! Lamberts men did the mere minimum for once wich is good but nothing more than what must be expected.

By all means enjoy this,

Go ahead and clap. Mediocrity deserves applause. Why don't we go find a Ford Focus and clap around it!

If it wasn't obvious before, today showed we badly need new and better players, not just more of what we already have.

We beat Ipswich, big whoop! Lamberts men did the mere minimum for once wich is good but nothing more than what must be expected.

By all means enjoy this,

Go ahead and clap. Mediocrity deserves applause. Why don't we go find a Ford Focus and clap around it!

Do you want people to be unhappy at a win or something?

FFS can we just enjoy the win and the confidence and momentum we will hopefully have gleened from today. I know it's only Ipswich but we came from behind for the 2nd game running which shows character