January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

No I don't Tamuff and same as I knew we weren't in for Lescott if you look at the start of that thread.

Hi, just checked, you just said you didn't think we were in for him... I'm not trying to be funny, just you said with certainty that Villa were not in for Graham I was just wondering if you were (swear word) ITK.

Mitch Waddon @MitchWaddon

Aston Villa are in discussions with Tottenham Hotspur over either Tom Huddlestone OR Jack Livermore. Either way it is a loan deal.

I'd rather Huddlestone. Livermore is no better than what we have and is just as inexperienced having started less than 50 games in his whole career even though he is 23.

Mitch Waddon @MitchWaddon

Aston Villa are in discussions with Tottenham Hotspur over either Tom Huddlestone OR Jack Livermore. Either way it is a loan deal.

Looks like guess work to me. Hasn't Lambert already said he wants permanent deals? And **** doing business with Tottenham again, we always buy shit players from them.

• Like 1

Id take neither tbh

One which is injury prone and the other will probably turn out to be a decent player with no chance on us getting a permanent deal

If this is true i start to worry about our scouting network if the best we can hope for is spurs squad players

Edited by AshVilla

Hardly inspiring, I dont expect us to sign moutinho from porto, but Jake livermore. Jesus. Doubt its true though, but think we will have some new faces in for the soton game

Looks like guess work to me. Hasn't Lambert already said he wants permanent deals? And **** doing business with Tottenham again, we always buy shit players from them.

That may still be his policy it could simply be a fact that his DM targets are being priced out of range due to it being January and most of the players we are after in January are players teams may fancy keeping. Lambert may be getting the DM on loan so that he can focus on getting permanent options in CB, AM and ST positions, I mean this is January and most clubs know that they would be weaker if we just jumped in and took their best DM so it's not surprising that area may be a hard one to fill without overpaying.