Ashley Young

maqroll

Can we please sign a 35 year old now. I don't like the idea of being older than all of the first team squad.

Ash, it was an absolute pleasure all over again! 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You don't have to have won something to be a legend. 

We have loads of legends then.

Had loads of very good players over the years.

To me a legend is someone who achieved something out of the ordinary.

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

Can we please sign a 35 year old now. I don't like the idea of being older than all of the first team squad.

Ash, it was an absolute pleasure all over again! 

Ash Young is one year older than me so we need another 37/38 year old.

• Like 2

I have to say, I am disappointed to hear this news, but maybe my feelings are driven by nostalgia and emotion.

I am not privvy to the conversations, suffice to say, all good things have to come to an end.......clubs can't run on emotion and sentiment alone.

I hope and trust, they have both parted on good terms.....and by the powers of deduction, we must have a replacement lined up.

I thought his presence around the place would have been an asset, maybe that is wishful thinking, with wages being what they are.

I am surprised, as I thought another 12 months contract, would have been on the cards.......but ultimately, I trust the club to know what its doing.....Unai must have had an input to this and we have to trust him.

Bye Youngy, you've done us Proud...best of Luck, for the future.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We have loads of legends then.

Had loads of very good players over the years.

To me a legend is someone who achieved something out of the ordinary.

Young achieved well above the ordinary while he was here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I’m really surprised. Smith, Gerrard and Emery were all really complimentary of his athleticism and dressing room influence. We’ve barely been able to fill our bench at times this season and he’s able to play in a few positions. A one year extension for a season in which we will be playing hopefully more games than usual seemed an easy choice. I hope they’ve done the right thing.

He came back and did what he said he'd do, help us qualify for europe. Fair play Ash and good luck for the future. Actually surprised we didn't keep him on and help him on first steps to coaching even if he didn't play much.

Will certainly be signing at least one more FB given he can cover both sides well and Moreno probably isn't going to be match fit for start of next season.

Great Pro and an example to the younger players. Great attitude in both stints for us ,  looked after himself and redifined his role on the pitch over time. Shocked how well he still moved for his age even at 38 

I expect he wants to still play and that we may see him back as a coach once he's finished playing.  Good luck Young Ashley

Â