Ashley Young

maqroll

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Tbf Targett doesn't look like a peak physical specimen. He got a lot stronger but he still looks a bit doughy. That might just be his body type but I imagine he could still lose some fat. 

Have you seen him with his clothes off? If any of our players had excess body fat our fitness strength conditioning coaches would get sacked.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Have you seen him with his clothes off? If any of our players had excess body fat our fitness strength conditioning coaches would get sacked.

I think some people wrongly interpret things like facial features etc for players being " fat ".

Just like regular humans. players have different body structures, genetics and physical makeups.

So they will see someone who's muscles aren't ripped or bulging like another's and think it means they aren't " fit ".

Meanwhile during a match they essentially run probably the equivalent of 100 competitive 100 metre sprints!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He lifts his shirt up quite often when drying the ball for throwins.

He has quite a doughy physique. He isn't like Mings where you can see every muscle. It might just be his physique. (Endomorph makes it so you look a bit chubby but still being really fit so it might just be that).

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf Targett doesn't look like a peak physical specimen. He got a lot stronger but he still looks a bit doughy. That might just be his body type but I imagine he could still lose some fat. 

I mean this is nonsense, he started every game for us last season and spends most of his time bombing up and down the wing, whatever he's doing is clearly working as he must be one of the fittest and most durable players at the club! 

He's not a model, we're not making him hit his weight before a shoot, he has to be fit enough to play every match all season without getting injured...which he just has

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

But even if the payoff for being physically stronger and more durable is a little extra body fat, so what? Who on earth is actually out there questioning his conditioning? 

1 minute ago, weedman said:

I mean this is nonsense, he started every game for us last season and spends most of his time bombing up and down the wing, whatever he's doing is clearly working as he must be one of the fittest and most durable players at the club! 

He's not a model, we're not making him hit his weight before a shoot, he has to be fit enough to play every match all season without getting injured...which he just has

Did i ever say he wasn't fit? 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You seem at great pains to back up the OP and point out how doughy he is, across a couple of threads, rather than just agreeing how ridiculous it is to question his conditioning. Like a sane person would. 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You seem at great pains to back up the OP and point out how doughy he is, across a couple of threads, rather than just agreeing how ridiculous it is to question his conditioning. Like a sane person would. 

I also said 3 or 4 times it's probably just due to his natural physique/body type. So maybe actually read my comments. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You're saying you want him to lose 10 pounds becuase he's doughy and he could stand to lose some fat because he's not in peak physical condition. Given that he's one of the fittest and most conditioned players in the squad, I'd say that's nonsense. 

Why don't we replace doughy McGinn with peak physical specimen Danny Drinkwater while we're at it, after all, it's the 6 pack that matters most with professional footballers 

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

You're saying you want him to lose 10 pounds becuase he's doughy and he could stand to lose some fat because he's not in peak physical condition. Given that he's one of the fittest and most conditioned players in the squad, I'd say that's nonsense. 

Why don't we replace doughy McGinn with peak physical specimen Danny Drinkwater while we're at it, after all, it's the 6 pack that matters most with professional footballers 

That wasn't me. All I said he probably could lose some weight without losing muscle. 

Quote intrigued to see how much football Ashers actually plays this season.  I find it very unlikely he has came here to sit on our bench.

I get that he's a sensible solution to our full back cover situation but he could have easily got a game elsewhere.  Dunno, cool signing though.  The last player I had on the back of a Villa shirt was Young.  Loved him.

2 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Quote intrigued to see how much football Ashers actually plays this season.  I find it very unlikely he has came here to sit on our bench.

I get that he's a sensible solution to our full back cover situation but he could have easily got a game elsewhere.  Dunno, cool signing though.  The last player I had on the back of a Villa shirt was Young.  Loved him.

Possibly he wants to be part of something positive imagine being at the tail end of your career in a relegation scrap or fighting for headers at Burnley 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Possibly he wants to be part of something positive imagine being at the tail end of your career in a relegation scrap or fighting for headers at Burnley 

Aye, bugger that. Especially after lifting the Serie A trophy with Inter Milan!  I know Smith isn't the most glamorous manager in the Premier League but imagine going from Conte to Dyche...😂

22 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

See I think we have signed him as ‘cover’ but he’s probably first choice cover (and/or first sub) for Targett, Grealish, Buendia or Traore (with others in that forward line shuffling so he plays wide left). So he’s ‘cover’ but he will play 30+ games I would think.

• Like 1

Â