Daniel Johnson

BOF

Under a diffrent manager do you think he would be getting some game time here he's been exellent out on loan this year I know its a lower leauge but Westwood made the step up, if DJ was given the same opportinuty would he have been just as good an option?

Very pleased for him, it's interesting because his finishing was always pretty inconsistent for u21s, does have that great ability to get up and beyond strikers which is a rare trait at Villa!

He seemed to be quite far forward. Was also in the box when the penalty was awarded.

You would think that he would at least be worth an extension to his contract.

He looks to have a lovely touch and movement about him.

I wonder why only now at 22 he is getting regular game time, was he injured a lot as a youngster?

I think his positioning on the pitch was in question, movement chosen after the second pass was made perhaps not the best, and more importantly finding a right position all attributed to him not getting a chance, also some players develop later in their career and need to get support before than happens.

He's getting games, he's getting goals he's obviously building confidence. At the lower level if someone struggles in one position you can try them somewhere else/in a different way and not get punished too often, in the Prem and even Championship you lose games because of mistakes, especially in central midfield.

Making mistakes lets you reflect (well some players reflect) so he's learning a lot quicker because of a manager trusting him, hopefully he can continue to kick on. From what I've seen I thought his touch was great, he's positive, his dribbling is neat and his awareness to receive a pass strong, all great qualities and so any tactical development with game experience can only benefit him and hopefully us.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

• 1 month later...

guys needs a hair cut, ha

its always good to see the lads do well and get match time when out on loan, but last time he was in the first team, didnt he play quite averagely? i hope he has sharpened up, because with gardner not stepping up, this lad needs to

• 2 weeks later...
Â